Daily Current Affairs 31 October 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
HM Amit Shah launches Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana in Dehradun
Union Home Minister Amit Shah arrived in Dehradun to participate in various events in the state.
- Shah launched ‘Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana’ in Dehradun.2,000 farmers will cultivate maize on about 1,000 acres of land and a plan has been made to make nutritious animal feed in a scientific way, which will benefit about one lakh farmers.
- After this event, he addressed the Shantikunj Golden Jubilee Year lecture series in Haridwar.
- He also launched Cooperative Training Center and computerization of cooperative societies in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Karnataka tops State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2020
Karnataka has topped the State Energy Efficiency Index 2020 (SEEI), scoring 70 points out of 100 on the back of several initiatives to improve energy efficiency in the state. Rajasthan is on second rank followed by Haryana on third.
- State Energy Efficiency Index is released by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) and Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE).
- The SEE index, assesses the states in four categories of Aspirant with a score below 30 points, Contenders with score between 30-50, Achievers with score of 50-60 and the Frontrunners with above 60 points score. SEEI 2020 has assessed the performance of 36 states and Union territories in energy efficiency (EE) using 68 qualitative, quantitative, and outcome-based indicators aggregating to a maximum score of 100 across six sectors.
Delhi Government launches Parents Samvad Program in all Delhi Government schools
The Delhi government launched ‘Parents Samvad’, a programme aimed at increasing the engagement of parents in the education of their children in government schools.
- Over 35,000 school management committee members and school mitras will connect with 50 parents each every month, take feedback and make suggestions about parenting and studies via a free calling system.
- As part of the programme, every school management committee member and school mitra will connect with 50 parents in their immediate vicinity once a month.
India, Israel agree to form task force to identify new areas of defence cooperation
India-Israel Joint Working Group on Bilateral Defence Cooperation has agreed to form a Task Force to formulate a comprehensive Ten-Year Roadmap to identify new areas of cooperation. This was decided at the 15th Joint Working Group meeting held in Tel Aviv, Israel. The meeting was co-chaired by Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar and the Director General of the Israel’s Ministry of Defence, Major General (Retd) Amir Eshel.
- It was also decided to form a Sub Working Groups on Defence Industry Cooperation and in this regard a Terms of Reference was signed between the two sides. The formation of this Sub Working Groups would enable efficient utilisation of bilateral resources, effective flow of technologies and sharing industrial capabilities. It was also decided to schedule the Service level Staff talks in a specific time frame.
South Asia has lost most human capital due to air pollution: World Bank
South Asia suffers the most among all regions of the world in terms of loss of human capital due to air pollution, according to the latest The Changing Wealth of Nations 2021 report published by the World Bank.
- The latest edition of this periodic report has measured wealth creation and distribution in 146 countries covering a 20-year period from 1995-2018.
- The World Bank included gross domestic product, human-produced capital, human capital and natural capital like renewable and non-renewable natural resources in its measurement of wealth. The Bank defines human capital as “earnings over a person’s lifetime.”
- Human capital was “the largest source of worldwide wealth, comprising 64 per cent of total global wealth in 2018,” the report said. “Middle-income countries increased their investment in human capital and in turn, saw significant increases in their share of global human capital wealth,” the report said.
BANKING & FINANCE
PM Jan Dhan Yojna Accounts Swell to 44 Crore Till Oct This Year
Bank accounts under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) have increased to 44 crore in over 7 years till October 2021, a finance ministry official said.
- The PMJDY was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Independence Day address on August 15, 2014, and was simultaneously launched on August 28, 2014, to foster financial inclusion.
Max Life becomes first life insurance player to join account aggregator system
Max Life Insurance Co. Ltd said it has joined the account aggregator (AA) framework introduced by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in September. Max Life is the first life insurer to do so.
- Max Life has collaborated with non-banking finance company (NBFC) FinVu, which is also an AA, and Finarkein, a data analytics company, to join the network as a Financial Information User (FIU).
- The insurer said it has joined the AA ecosystem to access customer’s financial information in a seamless and secure manner, which, in turn, will help reduce timelines for policy issuance.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
World’s first-ever FIFA football for school programme launched at KISS
Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS), Bhubaneswar, in an initiative never before, has launched the world’s first-ever FIFA Football for School Programme at KISS. Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister of Odisha virtually launched the Programme.
- Football for Schools (F4S) is an ambitious world-wide programme run by FIFA, which aims to contribute to the education, development and empowerment of around 700 million children.