Daily Current Affairs 4 and 5 September 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Bhartaul becomes first village in UP to provide RO water to every household
Bhartaul, in Uttar Pradesh’s Bareilly district, has become the first village in the state to achieve the distinction of supplying RO water to every household. The village, which is located in the Bithiri Chainpur block of Bareilly, has a population of around 7,000 people and every house is now provided with clean RO (Reverse Osmosis) water.
- The ROs have been installed under the Centre’s Adarsh Gram Panchayat initiative enabling the village to make clean drinking water available to all.
Meghalaya CM launches ‘Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme’ for farmers’ welfare
Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma said the state’s “Progress” scheme aims to ensure that the farmers earn a sustainable livelihood through different livestock farming activities.
- Launching the ambitious flagship programme for the farmers – “Rural Backyard Piggery Scheme” under National Livestock Mission at Byrnihat in Ri-Bhoi district, the Chief Minister said that the government through different welfare schemes is successfully providing income generation opportunities and economic prosperity to the farmers.
First Homoeopathy International Health Summit held in Dubai
The first edition of “World Health Summit for Pride of Homoeopathy” was held in Dubai with the theme “Diseases caused by climate change and global warming”.
- The summit aimed to educate and promote a homoeopathic system of medicine, drugs, and practices.
- The summit was organised by Burnett Homoeopathy Pvt Limited which deals with homoeopathic dilutions, mother tincture, lower trituration tablets, proprietary medicines such as drops, syrups, skincare, haircare, and various other homoeopathic medicines.
BANKING & FINANCE
IndusInd Bank partners with ADB for supply chain financing
IndusInd Bank announced a strategic partnership with Asian Development Bank (ADB) to support and promoter Supply Chain Finance (SCF) solutions in India. The Bank has entered into a partial guarantee programme with ADB with an initial outlay of USD 70 million (Rs 560 crore), exclusively towards promoting SCF solutions in India.
Home Minister Amit Shah launches anthem & mascot of 36th National Games in Ahmedabad
Union Home Minister Amit Shah launched the mascot and the anthem for the 36th National Games at Trans Stadia in Ahmedabad. The mascot is named as Savaj which means cub in Gujarati. The theme of the anthem is Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- The National Games will be organised between September 29 to October 12 at six cities in the state namely Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot and Bhavnagar.
Capt. BK Tyagi assumes charge as C&MD, SCI
Capt. B. K. Tyagi has assumed charge as Chairman & Managing Director of The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd (SCI), a Navratna CPSE under the Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (MoPSW), Government of India.
Liz Truss defeats Rishi Sunak to be UK’s next prime minister
Liz Truss was chosen as the UK prime minister and Conservative Party leader by Conservative Party member.
- Liz Truss is the UK’s 56th prime minister and the third female prime minister to lead the country. The previous female prime ministers – Margaret Thatcher and Theresa May – were also from the Conservative Party.
- She will succeed Boris Johnson.
Barack Obama wins Emmy award for his narration in Netflix documentary
The former President of the United States Barack Obama won Emmy Award for his narration in the Netflix documentary “Our Great National Parks”. Obama already has two Grammys and is now halfway to an EGOT- the achievement of having won all four of the major American entertainment awards i.e. an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar, and a Tony. Only 17 people have an EGOT to date.
- Dwight D Eisenhower was the first US President to win Emmy Award. He was given a special Emmy Award in 1956. Barack Obama is the second President to win the honor.
Historian B. Sheik Ali passes away
Renowned historian and former Vice-Chancellor of Mangalore and Goa Universities, Professor B. Sheik Ali has passed away on September 1. He was 97.
- He was an iconic intellectual figure from the city of Mysuru. The Karnataka State Gazetteer published his book titled Tipu Sultan: Crusader for Change in 2013.
Former Tata Sons chairman Cyrus Mistry dies in car accident
Cyrus Mistry, the Indian scion of one of the country’s most prominent empires, passed away in a road accident on a highway near Mumbai. He was 54.
- Mistry is best known as the former chairman of Tata Sons, the massive Indian conglomerate that owned Jaguar, Land Rover and the Taj hotels.
- The Irish-Indian businessman made headlines in 2011 when he was announced as Tata’s chosen successor, and became the first person not directly related to the Tata family to head the company bearing their name.