Daily Current Affairs 4 November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
PM Modi Launches ‘Infrastructure for Resilient Island States’ for Most Vulnerable Countries
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Initiative for the Resilient Island States (IRIS) for developing infrastructure of small island nations, saying it gives a new hope, a new confidence and satisfaction of doing something for the most vulnerable countries.
- Prime Minister Modi was joined by his British counterpart Boris Johnson on the second day of the COP26 climate summit here. The launch event was also attended by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
- The IRIS initiative is a part of the Coalition for Disaster Resilient infrastructure that would focus on building capacity, having pilot projects, especially in small island developing states.
Manipur Govt launches Go to Village 2.0 in Thoubal district
In Manipur, the State Government revived its initiative to deliver governance at doorstep and bring inclusive development in the state with launching the Go to Village 2.0 in Thoubal district.
- The Go to Village 2.0 had been launched to continue village to village visits of Government officials making sure that governance reaches every corner of the State.
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the earlier initiative of taking governance to the doorstep of people was on hold for some period.
Kerala to Host Senior Women’s National Football Championship
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) approved Kerala as the venue for the women’s national championship to be held from November 25 to December 9.
- The senior women’s nationals will be held in three venues and five stadia. The executive committee also appreciated the efforts of Odisha and Jharkhand, saying both the states have been providing “exemplary support”.
Debutant Akash Kumar Secures India’s First Medal In Belgrade
Hardened by the difficult circumstances of his personal life, young boxer Akash Kumar (54kg) secured India’s first medal at the ongoing AIBA Men’s World Championships by advancing to the semifinals with a superb win over former Olympic silver-medallist Yoel Finol Rivas of Venezuela.
- Akash became only the seventh Indian male boxer to secure a world championship medal and is now also assured of a prize money of at least USD 25,000.
Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan Wins Chess Tournament in Serbia
Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan emerged winner in the 5th Rujna Zora chess tournament held with seven points from nine rounds.
- He had recently won an event in Spain and his performance here enabled him gain one Elo point. His current FIDE rating is 2556.
- The Indian GM finished with five wins and four draws and remained undefeated. He finished half a point ahead of the second placed International Master Makarian Rudik of Russia.
Lt Gen Nav K Khanduri Takes Charge as GOC of Indian Army’s Western Command
Lieutenant General Nav K Khanduri took charge as General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Indian Army’s Western Command, an official statement said.
- Western Command’s headquarters are based in Chandimandir, Haryana. Ambala-based Kharga Corps, Yol-based Rising Star Corps and Jalandhar-based Vajra Corps come under the Western Command.