Daily Current Affairs 4 August 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
India adds 10 more wetlands designated as Ramsar sites to make total 64 sites
India adds 10 more wetlands designated as Ramsar sites to make total 64 sites covering an area of 12,50,361 ha in the country. The 10 new sites include: Six (6) sites in Tamil Nadu and One (1) each in Goa, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha. Designation of these sites would help in conservation and management of wetlands and wise use of their resources.
- The 10 new designated sites include Koonthankulam Bird Sanctuary, a man-made wetland in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu. Satkosia Gorge in Odisha, Nanda Lake in Goa, Gulf of Mannar Marine Biosphere Reserve in Tamil Nadu, Ranganathituu BS in Karnataka, Vembannur Wetland Complex in Tamil Nadu, Vellode Bird Sanctuary in Tamil Nadu, Sirpur wetland in Madhya Pradesh, Vedanthangal Bird Sanctuary in Tamil Nadu and Udhayamarthandapuram Bird Sanctuary in Tamil Nadu.
Kerala CM launches eggs and milk scheme for anganwadi children
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated a project of the Women and Child Development department to provide milk and eggs to children at all anganwadis in the state in a bid to improve their nutrition levels.
- Vijayan said it was important to ensure nutrition among children, as the foundation for one’s healthy growth is laid in childhood itself.
- Under this scheme, which is considered as a first in the country, each child will be given 125 ml of milk two days a week for 44 weeks (10 months) and an egg twice a week.
Andhra Pradesh tops in Utilisation of Agriculture Infrastructure funds
Andhra Pradesh ranked first in utilisation of agricultural infrastructure funds (Agri Infra Fund). It has emerged as the best state by laying great emphasis on infrastructure development at the farm gate. Union Agriculture and Family Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar presented the award for the best state in the country in utilisation of Agri Funds in the financial year 2021-22 to B. Srinivasa Rao, CEO of State Rythu Bazars.
IPICOL & FICCI sign MoU for the upcoming Make in Odisha Conclave 2022
Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha (IPICOL) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) signed an MoU making FICCI the National Industry Partner for the Make in Odisha Conclave 2022, which is scheduled to be held from November 30th to December 4th.
LIC breaks into Fortune 500 list, Reliance jumps 51 places
Recently-listed Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has broken into the latest Fortune Global 500 list, while Reliance Industries has jumped 51 places. The nation’s biggest life insurer with revenue of $97.26 billion and a profit of $553.8 million, was ranked 98th on the just released Fortune 500 list.
- Reliance Industries jumped 51 places to 104 on the 2022 list.
- The list, topped by US retailer Walmart, has nine Indian companies – five of them state-owned, and four from the private sector.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Government withdraws Data Protection Bill, 2021
The Centre withdrew the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2021. Information technology (IT) minister Ashwini Vaishnaw was granted permission to withdraw the Bill in Parliament.
- “The Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 was deliberated in great detail by the Joint Committee of Parliament (JCP). 81 amendments were proposed and 12 recommendations were made towards the comprehensive legal framework on the digital ecosystem,” the minister informed the other MPs about the “reasons for the withdrawal.
RBI has allowed invoicing, payments for international trade in Indian Rupee: Minister
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed invoicing and payments for international trade in the Indian Rupee, Union Minister of State for Finance Bhagwat Kisanrao Karad said. Karad said the central bank has allowed payments for international trade in the Indian currency through a circular on “International Trade Settlement in Indian Rupees (INR)” issued on July 11, 2022.
Govt appoints Suresh N Patel as new Central Vigilance Commissioner
Vigilance Commissioner Suresh N Patel was appointed as the Central Vigilance Commissioner, a year after the post fell vacant.
- Patel, who has been working as the acting Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) since June this year, was sworn in as the chief of the probity watchdog Central Vigilance Commission by President Droupadi Murmu.
Centre appoints IFS officer Shweta Singh as Director in PMO
The Union government has appointed Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer Shweta Singh as a director in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). Singh is a 2008-batch IFS officer.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved Singh’s appointment for a period of three years from the date of her joining.
One Thought to “Daily Current Affairs 4th August, 2022”
You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality blogs online. Im going to recommend this website!