Daily Current Affairs 4 November 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Finland Foreign Minister arrives in India on 4-day visit
With an aim to boost bilateral relations, Finland Foreign Minister Pekka Haavisto has visited India on a four-day visit. He will also visit Tamil Nadu for the inauguration of the KONE manufacturing unit.
Labour Ministry launches 3 Apps to benefit EPF Subscribers And Stakeholders
Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment launched 3 Apps: UAN REGISTRATION, E-INSPECTION AND DIGI LOCKER, developed by Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
- These Apps will immensely enhance the Ease of Doing Business and promote transparency in the working in the EPFO.
Amit Shah inaugurates SCO Joint Exercise on Earthquake Rescue
Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the Shanghai Cooperation Organization(SCO) Joint Exercise on Urban Earthquake Search and Rescue in New Delhi.
- The aim of the exercise is to rehearse the disaster response mechanism, share knowledge, experience and technology for mutual coordination. This simulation exercise will also provide an opportunity to enhance the coordination and co-operation involving multi-agency operations in an earthquake scenario.
India-Uzbekistan Joint military Exercise – Dustlik-2019 begins in Tashkent
‘Dustlik-2019’, a Joint military Exercise between India and Uzbekistan began at Chirchiq Training Area near Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh attended the ‘Curtain Raiser’ event of ‘Dustlik-2019’ at the Armed Forces meet in Tashkent.
Biennial Commonwealth Law Ministers’ Conference begins in Colombo, Sri Lanka
In Sri Lanka, the biennial Commonwealth Law Ministers’ Conference began in Colombo under the theme Equal Access to Justice and the Rule of Law. Union Minister for Law and Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad will be representing India at the conference.
- The four-day conference participated by Law Ministers and Attorney Generals from Commonwealth countries seeks to address challenges faced by millions of people seeking to resolve legal problems or disputes.
Rohit Sharma breaks MS Dhoni’s record for playing most T20Is for India
Team India stand-in captain Rohit Sharma has broken former India captain MS Dhoni’s record for playing the most number of T20Is (men’s) for India. The first T20I against Bangladesh today in Delhi is Rohit’s 99th T20I match. Dhoni has featured in 98 T20Is, scoring 1,617 runs.
Sharma becomes highest run-getter in T20I, surpasses Kohli’s record
Rohit Sharma surpassed Virat Kohli’s record to become the highest run-getter in the T20I format of the game.
Novak Djokovic wins Paris Masters 2019 title
Serbian Novak Djokovic has won the Paris Masters 2019 title. With this, he lifted his 34th Masters Trophy and fifth in Paris.
- He beat Canadian Denis Shapovalov to lift the title.
Pooja Gehlot wins silver in UWW Under-23 World Championships
Pooja Gehlot (53kg) in wrestling claimed India’s second silver medal after going down to Japan’s Haruna Okuno in the finals of the UWW Under-23 World Championships in Budapest.
Maisnam Meiraba clinches Korea Jr Open title
Maisnam Meiraba Luwang lived up to his top billing as he clinched the boys singles U-19 title at the Woncheon Yonex Korea Junior Open International Challenge 2019 in Miryang, Korea.
Lakshya Sen wins SaarLorLux Open badminton tournament in Germany
India’s Lakshya Sen has won the SaarLorLux Open badminton tournament at Saarbrücken in Germany. He defeated Sen Weng Hong Yang of China in the final.
Writer Anand selected for 27th Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2019
Noted writer Anand has been selected for the 27th Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2019. This award is given by Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award and the Government of Kerala. He was chosen for his overall contributions to Malayalam language and Literature. His real name is P.Satchidanandan uses the pseudonym, Anand.
Chetana award for S.P. Balasubrahmanyam
Eminent singer S.P. Balasubrahmanyam has been selected for the Chetana Silver Jubilee National Award. The award carries a cash prize of ₹ one lakh and a citation.
Serbia’s Sara Damnjanovic crowned Miss Asia Global 2019
Serbia’s Sara Damnjanovic has been crowned ‘Miss Asia Global 2019’ at the international beauty contest held recently in Kochin, Kerala.
- While Vietnam’s Nguyen Thi Yen Trang won the ‘Miss Asia’ title, Samiksha Singh from India took home the sub-title of ‘Miss Beautiful Face’.
Documentary on Real Kashmir Football Club bags BAFTA & Scotland Awards
A documentary on Real Kashmir Football Club has bagged the prestigious British Academy of Film and Television Awards (BAFTA) and Scotland Awards at a glittering ceremony in Glasgow, Scotland.
- The documentary narrates the journey of former Rangers ace David Robertson as the coach of Real Kashmir FC, which in its first season finished third in the I-League, which is currently India’s second tier football league. The hour-long film won in the ‘Single Documentary’ category.