Daily Current Affairs 4th July 2017 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Telangana to have separate agriculture budget from next year
Telangana would have a separate budget for agriculture from the next year. In a meeting, Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao decided to substantially enhance funds for the agriculture sector and present a separate agriculture budget.
India’s tallest ATC tower to be operational at Delhi airport by December
The new 101.9-metre air traffic control (ATC) tower at the Delhi airport — touted to be the country’s tallest — is likely to start operations by December.
- The new ATC tower at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport will be the tallest structure in Delhi. It will be the seventh tallest ATC tower in the world.
FINANCE & ECONOMY
RBI hikes foreign investment limit in g-secs by over 4% for Jul-Sep
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has raised the foreign portfolio investment (FPI) limit in government securities by 4.7% to Rs2.42 billion for July-September quarter, mainly to increase foreign capital inflows. Earlier, the limit was Rs2.31 billion.
- Likewise, the foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) will be allowed to raise their investment in state development loans (SDLs) by Rs61 billion to Rs331 billion for September quarter of the current fiscal.
- Hence, the overall limit of FPI investment in government securities goes up to Rs 2,751 billion from Rs2,580 billion.
ICICI Bank terminates joint venture agreement with Fairfax
ICICI Bank has announced that its joint venture agreement with Canada-based investment firm Fairfax Financial Holdings has been terminated.
India gets good ranks on FSB’s reform report card to G20
The Financial Stability Board (FSB), an international body for global financial system, has listed India among countries that are ‘compliant or largely compliant’ on implementation of priority area reforms.
- The report submitted by FSB listed India as a ‘compliant’ jurisdiction with regard to the Basel III reforms in area of risk-based capital and as ‘largely compliant’ on liquidity coverage ratio.
India in 88th place in money hoarded in Swiss banks
India has slipped to the 88th place in terms of money parked by its citizens with Swiss banks, while the U.K. remains on the top.
- Also, the money officially held by Indians with banks in Switzerland now accounts for a meagre 0.04 per cent of the total funds kept by all foreign clients in the Swiss banking system, as per an analysis of the latest figures compiled by the Swiss National Bank as on 2016-end
Indian shuttlers win singles, doubles titles in Ivory Coast
Ritika Thaker beat Simran Singhi in an all-Indian women’s singles final in the Ivory Coast International badminton tournament at Abidjan. Along with the duo combined together i.e. Ritika Thaker and Simran Singhi won the doubles title in the same.
Pune NGO wins UN prize for sustainable farming model
Swayam Shikshan Prayog, a city-based NGO, has been awarded the United Nations Development Programme’s Equator Prize for devising an ecologically sustainable agriculture model to combat the adverse impacts of drought. It is the only Indian organisation to win the award, making the cut from more than 800 nominations across 120 countries.
Veteran Marathi actor-writer Madhukar Toradmal passes away