Daily Current Affairs 5 & 6 February 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
PM Modi inaugurates HAL’s biggest helicopter plant in Tumkuru, Karnataka
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s helicopter factory, the country’s largest chopper manufacturing facility — in Tumakuru district of Karnataka.
- Bengaluru-headquartered HAL plans to produce more than 1,000 helicopters in the range of 3-15 tonne with a total business of more than ₹4 lakh crore over a period of 20 years at this facility in Gubbi taluk.
India, France, UAE agree for trilateral cooperation initiative, in fields including energy, defence, economy
India, France and the UAE have agreed to establish a formal trilateral cooperation initiative with the aim of expanding cooperation in various fields of mutual interest.
- In a joint statement, the three countries said that they will explore the possibility of working with the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) to pursue concrete, actionable projects on clean energy, environment and biodiversity.
- It was also noted that the initiative will serve as a platform to expand cooperation between the development agencies of three countries on sustainable projects.
Sri Lanka celebrates 75th Independence Day
Sri Lanka is celebrating 75 years of Independence on February 4th, 2022 under the theme Namo Namo Matha – A step towards a century.
- The main ceremony of the National Independence Day Celebrations was held at Galle Face Green in Colombo. A special cultural arts festival Lankaralanka was held on February 3,2023 at Independence square in Colombo. The Jaffna cultural centre which was built under an Indian grant will also be opened next week.
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Coal India arm MCL introduces drone technology in coal mines
Coal India arm MCL has introduced drone technology in coal mines for environmental monitoring, volume measurement and photogrammetric mapping of mines for digitalisation of the mining process.
- The technology has been introduced through the launch of a web-based portal ‘VIHANGAM’ along with a drone and ground control system.
- The portal allows an authorised person to access real time drone video from the mine through a dedicated 40 Mbps internet lease line near the mines.
Sports Minister unveils mascot, theme song, jersey for 3rd edition of Khelo India Winter Games
In Jammu and Kashmir, the Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur along with the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Manoj Sinha and other dignitaries launched the Mascot, Theme Song and Jersey for the 3rd edition of Khelo India Winter Games at Raj Bhawan, Jammu.
- The Winter Games are scheduled to be held from the 10th to the 14th of this month. Approximately 1500 athletes across the country will participate in the games that will take place in Gulmarg and will be played across nine sports events.
- This year’s mascot, the snow leopard, depicts the vibrant heritage of the Himalayas.
Dipa Karmakar handed 21-month ban after failing dope test
India’s gymnast Dipa Karmakar has been serving a 21-month ban for failing a dope Test, a statement from International Testing Agency (ITA) revealed.
- Karmakar’s dope sample collected out-of-competition by the ITA, an independent organisation that manages the anti-doping programme of the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG), was found to contain Higenamine, which is a prohibited substance under World Anti-Doping Agency Code.
Kerala crowned inaugural champions of National Beach Soccer Championships
Kerala has crowned to their bulging cabinet of national football trophies, putting on a show in the final of the National Beach Soccer Championships and overwhelming Punjab 13-4, to win the title, at Dumas Beach, Surat. In the third place game played earlier in the day, Delhi beat Uttarakhand.
- Kerala’s goalkeeper Santhosh Kasmeer was awarded the best goalkeeper of the tournament. Rajasthan’s Amit Godara was the highest goalscorer, with 27 goals. The best player of the tournament was awarded to Kerala’s Siju S.
Raul Rebello Appointed as Managing Director and CEO-Designate of Mahindra Finance
Mahindra Finance has appointed Raul Rebello as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Designate. Mahindra Finance is the vehicle financing unit of the Mahindra & Mahindra Group.
- Raul Rebello is currently the Chief Operating Officer of the company and will take charge as MD and CEO when Ramesh Iyer retires on 29th April 2024.
Indian men’s hockey team chief coach Graham Reid resigns
Indian men’s hockey team chief coach Graham Reid resigned from his position after the host nation’s outing at the just-concluded World Cup. Reid, who was appointed India coach in April 2019, led the team to a historic bronze medal finish at the Tokyo Olympics in 2021.
- The 58-year-old Australian submitted his resignation to Hockey India president Dilip Tirkey, a day after the conclusion of the World Cup in Bhubaneswar, where Germany beat Belgium in a penalty shoot-out to emerge as champions.
TCS named to World’s Most Admired Companies list by FORTUNE magazine
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been named to FORTUNE® magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Regarded as a barometer of corporate reputation, the list is based on a survey of business executives, directors and analysts around the globe.
- TCS has invested heavily in research and innovation, taking up promising themes in each industry to envisage and design innovative solutions. The company has over 6,500 dedicated researchers and innovators, with 2,694 granted patents to their credit.