Daily Current Affairs 6 April 2018 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Nepal PM Oli arrives in India on 3-day State visit
Prime Minister of Nepal KP Sharma Oli arrived in India on a three-day State visit. He is scheduled to hold discussions with the top leadership of India to discuss upon issues including the previously signed treaties among Nepal and India and further make the updates on the issues, which require attention.
“Van Dhan Vikas Kendra” launched at Bijapur launched
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has approved establishment of the first multipurpose “Van Dhan Vikas Kendra” on the pilot basis for establishment in Bijapur District of Chhattisgarh.
- The Kendra will provide skill and capacity building training and setting up of primary processing facility.
- The Kendra will have processing facility for Tamarind brick making & Mahua flower storage facility.
Global Logistics Summit held in New Delhi
The Global Logistics Summit was held in New Delhi. It was organised by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, along with FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) and the World Bank Group.
- The Summit acts as a platform to hold discussions for global experts, academics, government officials and private sector and industry representatives.
India third most vulnerable country to cyber threats
India emerged as the third most vulnerable country in terms of risk of cyber threats, such as malware, spam and ransomware, in 2017, moving up one place over previous year, according to a report by security solutions provider Symantec.
- The U.S. remains most vulnerable to such attacks, followed by China, according to the recently released ‘Internet Security Threat Report’.
SAHYOG- HYEOBLYEOG 2018: Indian, Korean coast guards hold joint exercise
Indo-Korean joint anti-piracy, search and rescue exercise ‘SAHYOG- HYEOBLYEOG 2018‘ was conducted off the Chennai coast. The Korean Coast Guard ship ‘BADARO’ took part in the exercise. Indian Coast Guard ships and an aircraft also took part in it.
BANKING & FINANCE
Centre, Maha govt & World Bank sign $ 420 mn project to help farmers
The Centre, Maharashtra Government and World Bank signed a 420 million dollar project to help small and marginals farmers in the Marathwada and Vidarbha region of the State.
- The project will help in increasing climate resilient practices in agriculture and ensuring that farming continues to remain a financially viable activity for them.
RBI decides to set up Data Sciences Lab
Reserve Bank of India has decided to set up Data Sciences Lab to improve its forecasting, surveillance and early warning detection abilities which will aid policy formulation.
- The lab will comprise experts and budding analysts, who are trained in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics and Finance.
- The unit will become operational by December 2018.
CWG 2018: Weightlifter Sanjita Chanu Wins India’s 2nd Gold Medal
Weightlifter Khumukcham Sanjita Chanu has delivered India its second gold medal of the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast City, Australia by dominating the women’s 53kg event.
CWG 2018- Deepak Lather Becomes Youngest Weightlifter to Win Medal
Teenager Deepak Lather became the youngest Indian (18 Yrs old) weightlifter to claim a Commonwealth Games medal, clinching a bronze in the men’s 69kg category. He held the 62kg category national record at 15.
International Day of Sport for Development and Peace: 6 April
The General Assembly of the United Nations decided to proclaim on 6 April as “International Day of Sport for Development and Peace.”
- This date commemorates the inauguration, in 1896, of the first Olympic games of the modern era, in Athens (Greece).