Daily Current Affairs 6 April 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Bandipur completes 50 years as Project Tiger Reserve
Bandipur National Park, located in the southern Indian state of Karnataka, recently completed 50 years as a Project Tiger Reserve.
- The park, which spans an area of over 874 square kilometers, is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including tigers, elephants, Indian bison, and several species of birds and reptiles.
Banarasi Paan, Langda mango, Ramnagar Bhanta and Chandausi’s adamchini chawal (rice) gets and GI tag in varanasi
Famous Banarasi paan and langda mango of Varanasi have entered the Geographical Indication (GI) list recently. As many as 33 products were granted GI certification on March 31 by the GI Registry, Chennai, as per news reports. Among them, 10 belonged to UP, including two from Varanasi.
- Besides, Banarasi paan and langda mango two more products from the region, Ramnagar Bhanta (brinjal) and Chandausi’s adamchini chawal (rice) were given the GI tags.
- As per the GI Registry list, the newly added items from Varanasi include Aligarh Tala, Bakharia Brassware, Banda Shazar Patthar Craft, Nagina Wood Craft, Pratapgarh Aonla, and Hathras Hing.
India could become world’s second-largest solar manufacturer by 2026
India has been making significant strides toward renewable energy in recent years, with a focus on solar energy. The country has set ambitious targets to increase its solar energy capacity and has been taking various steps to achieve them. In line with this, India is expected to become the world’s second-largest solar manufacturer by 2026.
- According to a report by the is poised to become the second-largest solar manufacturing country in the world by 2026, overtaking Japan and trailing only China.
- The report states that India’s solar manufacturing capacity is expected to increase from 10 GW in 2020 to 50 GW by 2030. This increase in capacity is expected to create around 3 lakh (300,000) direct jobs and 9 lakh (900,000) indirect jobs.
BANKING & FINANCE
Public sector banks transfer Rs 35,012 cr unclaimed deposits to RBI: Govt
Several public sector banks in India have transferred a total of Rs 35,012 crore ($4.7 billion) in unclaimed deposits to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The move comes as part of an effort to reduce the amount of unclaimed funds held by banks and ensure that the money is put to productive use.
- The transfer of unclaimed deposits to the DEAF is aimed at promoting financial literacy and awareness among depositors. The fund is used to finance various activities related to educating depositors on the benefits and risks associated with banking and financial products.
DBS Bank India Launches ‘DigiPortfolio’ For Seamless Investment Portfolio Management
DBS Bank India has launched an investment solution based on the risk appetite of the investor.
- The feature, called ‘digiportfolio’, has been curated by Morningstar and uses technology and human expertise to create a set of investment options that match the risk preferences of investors.
- The platform is an easy, one-stop solution for users to invest money with ready-made baskets of mutual funds.
Peru removed as host of 2023 FIFA Under-17 Men’s World Cup
FIFA announced that it had withdrawn Peru’s hosting rights to the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2023. The decision was made following extensive discussions between FIFA and the Peruvian Football Federation (FPF).
- The reasons for the withdrawal of Peru’s hosting rights were not immediately clear, but FIFA officials cited concerns over the country’s ability to meet the requirements for hosting such a major tournament.
Commonwealth champion weightlifter Sanjita Chanu faces 4-year ban by NADA panel for failing dope test
Sanjita Chanu, a weightlifter from India who has won the Commonwealth Games twice, has been banned for four years by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) of India after she tested positive for banned drugs.
- The testing took place during the National Games held in Gujarat in September-October 2022, and the results showed the presence of drostanolone, an anabolic-androgenic steroid prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh and Mithali Raj among five Indians to receive MCC’s honorary life membership
Legendary Indian cricketers MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, Mithali Raj, Suresh Raina and Jhulan Goswami have received the Honorary Life Membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
- Over the years, MCC has awarded Honorary Life Membership to some of the greatest cricketers. The MCC revealed the names of five Indian icons, who have been bestowed with the Honorary Life Membership of the Club.
Mukesh Ambani beats Steve Ballmer to become richest sports owner in Forbes billionaire 2023 list
Mukesh Ambani has been named the richest sports owner in the Forbes billionaire 2023 list, with a net worth of $83.4 billion, surpassing Steve Ballmer, the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, whose net worth is $80.7 billion.
- It’s interesting to note that despite a 3% fall in Reliance Industries’ share value over the past year, Ambani’s net worth has still increased, indicating the strength and diversity of his business interests.
- Mukesh Ambani’s net worth as of March 10, 2023, was $83.4 billion, making him the world’s richest sports owner, while Steve Ballmer, the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, had a net worth of $80.7 billion, making him the planet’s second-wealthiest team owner. In recent years, Reliance Industries, owned by Ambani, has been expanding its presence in the sports industry, having purchased a franchise in the inaugural Women’s Premier League and owning cricket teams in South Africa and the UAE.
Ukrainian president receives Poland’s top award
The highest decoration of Poland, the Order of the White Eagle, was presented to Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky by the President of Poland, Andrzej Duda, during a meeting between the two leaders at the Presidential Palace in Warsaw.
- The Office of the President of the Republic of Poland stated that Zelensky was awarded the Order of the White Eagle as recognition for his contributions towards strengthening the relationship between Poland and Ukraine, promoting security, and advocating for human rights.