Daily Current Affairs 6 August 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Centre has approved the project to link Kosi & Mechi rivers
The Centre has approved a Kosi-Mechi river interlinking project in Bihar. Estimated cost of the project is Rs 4,900 crore.
- The project will provide irrigation for over 2.14 lakh hectares of command areas spread across the districts of Araria, Kishanganj, Purnia and Katihar in north Bihar.
- This is India’s 2nd major river linking project after Ken-Betwa of Madhya Pradesh.
AP Home Minister flags off riot control vehicle ‘Vajra’
Arunachal Pradesh State Home Minister Bamang Felix flagged of 5 Anti-Riot police vehicle, also known as Vajra, from Police Headquarter in Itanagar.
- Vajra comes with special features for quick response, automatic multi-barrel launchers for tear gas, with a capacity of 12 persons and a battery backup for long hours stuck in the rioting crowd.
Rajasthan Assembly passes bills against honour killings and Mob Lynching
The Rajasthan Assembly passed Bills against mob lynching and honour killing, which make the cognisable, non–bailable and non-compoundable offences with life imprisonment and a fine up to Rs 5 lakh. The bill to curb honour killing also has a provision of the death penalty for the convict.
- With this Rajasthan has become the 2nd state after Manipur which passed a law to curb lynching cases.
U.S. labels China a ‘currency manipulator’
The United States has officially labeled China a “currency manipulator”. The US has accused China of using yuan to gain “unfair competitive advantage” in trade.
- The US took the action as Beijing has allowed its yuan to fall below the politically sensitive level of “seven” to the U.S. dollar for the first time in 11 years.
NASA satellite uncovers ‘first nearby super-Earth’
The Super-Earth planet named GJ 357 d was discovered in early 2019 owing to NASA’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS), a mission designed to comb the heavens for exoplanets.
- Scientists have characterised the first potentially habitable world outside our own solar system located about 31 light-years away.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Reliance to acquire Google-backed fashion portal Fynd
Billionaire Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Ltd will acquire a majority stake in Shopsense Retail Technologies Pvt. Ltd, which runs fashion portal Fynd, for Rs 295.25 crore ($41.9 million at current exchange rates).
- Overall, Reliance will acquire an 87.6% stake in Fynd.
Walmart ranked as India’s top retailer: Report
US retail giant Walmart is India’s top retailer, according to a study by Euromonitor International tracking Asia’s largest retailers.
- Walmart topped the rankings in India for 2018, after it acquired internet retailer Flipkart last year in a $16 billion deal. Walmart is followed by another US giant—online retailer Amazon—that according to the report titled Top 100 Retailers in Asia 2019 is India’s second-largest retailer.
Ravichandran Ashwin named “PCA Player of the Month”
Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has been named as Professional Cricketers Association’s Player of the month of July 2019.
- He has been named for his consistent performances in the county championships as he hit 197 runs and picked up 23 wickets from just 3 matches for Nottinghamshire.
‘The Rock’ Dwayne Johnson announces retirement from WWE
Dwayne Johnson, popularly known as ‘The Rock’, has officially announced his retirement from World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).
- The wrestler-turned-Hollywood star said that he ‘quietly retired’ from WWE, but at the same time did not rule out the possibility of a comeback in future.
Aamir Khan launches Mission Shakti sports initiative in Maharashtra
Film actor Aamir Khan attended the launch function of Mission Shakti, an initiative by Maharashtra minister Sudhir Mungantiwar to train athletes from Chandrapur and Gadchiroli for international events like the Olympics.
Coffee tycoon Siddhartha found dead in river
V.G. Siddhartha, the founder of India’s largest coffee chain Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) , was found dead, 36 hours after he went missing near Mangaluru in southern Karnataka state.
- An investigation is underway to determine whether Siddhartha took his own life.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs
One Thought to “Daily Current Affairs 6th August, 2019”
I have observed that online degree is getting favorite because getting your degree online has developed into a popular alternative for many people. Numerous people have not really had an opportunity to attend an established college or university but seek the increased earning possibilities and career advancement that a Bachelor’s Degree grants. Still others might have a college degree in one field but want to pursue a thing they now possess an interest in.