Daily Current Affairs 6 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Digital India Week 2022 at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Digital India Week 2022 at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar. The theme of this Digital India Week is ‘Catalyzing New India’s Techade’ to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Addressing a gathering after inaugurating Digital India Week 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Digital India has made life so easy for those born in 21st century. We solved the queue system by going online.
- Mr. Modi has also launched ‘Digital India Bhashini’ that will enable Indians an easy access to the internet and digital services in vernacular languages. He also launched ‘Digital India GENESIS’ – Gen-next Support for Innovative Startups- a national deep-tech startup platform. The total budget of 750 crore rupees has been envisaged for these schemes. The Prime Minister has also dedicated ‘MyScheme’, which will provide access to government schemes at a single place.
MHA amends FCRA rules, allows relatives living abroad to send up to Rs 10 lakh to Indians without restrictions
The Union Home Ministry has amended certain rules related to the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA) allowing Indians to receive up to Rs 10 lakh in a year from relatives staying abroad without informing the authorities.
- The earlier limit was Rs 1 lakh.
- In a notification, the home ministry also said if the amount exceeds, the individuals will now have 90 days to inform the government instead of 30 days earlier.
DRDO successfully carries out maiden flight of unmanned fighter aircraft
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully carried out the inaugural flight of the Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator. The exercise, DRDO said in its statement, was carried out at the Aeronautical Test Range, Chitradurga, Karnataka.
BANKING & FINANCE
Cashfree launches interoperability in card tokens across payment gateways
Payments provider Cashfree Payments announced that its tokenization solution, ‘Token Vault’ will offer interoperability in card tokenization. Token Vault’s interoperability feature will help businesses who use multiple payment gateways to process tokenized card transactions across any payment gateway and card network of their choice.
- Businesses using Cashfree’s Payment Gateway can integrate with ‘Token Vault’ to securely tokenize the cards issued by all major card networks including RuPay, Visa and Mastercard. Due to this feature, businesses will no longer need to spend time integrating with multiple token service providers to tokenize cards and execute transactions.
- As per RBI, with effect from 30th September, 2022, businesses and payment aggregators are required to tokenize a customer’s card while offering the saved card option.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Greenko signs MoU with IIT Hyderabad to set up School of Sustainable Science & Technology
Renewable energy major Greenko and IIT Hyderabad have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to launch India’s first dedicated school for sustainable science and technology.
- The school will be advancing knowledge in the key thrust areas of climate change mitigation, artificial intelligence and space technology, energy transition and industrial transformation, circular and regenerative economy among others.
Edelweiss General Insurance partners NBFC Avanse for student travel insurance
Avanse Financial Services, an NBFC with an emphasis on education, and Edelweiss General Insurance (EGI) have teamed to offer student travel insurance to international students who are supported by Avanse. Student travel insurance from Edelweiss General Insurance covers medical costs and guards against emergencies and financial losses.
- The Edelweiss General Insurance plan ensures students have a worry-free time while studying and staying by providing comprehensive coverage against medical, lodging, and travel inconvenience-related covers.
- Additionally, students will have the option to modify their plan with optional covers in accordance with their demands and university standards.
Aviva India appoints Asit Rath as CEO and MD
Aviva India has appointed Asit Rath as chief executive officer and managing director. Rath will succeed Amit Malik who is leaving the business after 10 years. The appointment will come into effect on July 11.
Ukrainian professor wins prestigious Fields Medal in mathematics
Ukrainian mathematician, Maryna Viazovska, has become only the second woman to receive the prestigious Fields Medal.
- Often regarded as the Nobel Prize for mathematics, she won for her work on a 400-year-old puzzle about sphere packing.
Michelle Poonawalla receives the coveted Shiromani Award at NRI World Summit, UK
Michelle Poonawalla, well known artist, businesswoman and philanthropist, from the renowned Poonawalla family received the coveted Shiromani Award from the hands of Mr. G. P. Hinduja, the co-chairman of Hinduja Group at NRI World Summit 2022, United Kingdom for her contribution to the field of Art
Veteran Bengali filmmaker Tarun Majumdar passes away
Veteran Bengali film director, Tarun Majumdar has passed away at the age of 92. Tarun Majumdar was known for helming popular Bengali films such as Smriti Tuku Thak, Shriman Prithviraj, Kuheli, Balika Badhu, Dadar Kirti, Chander Bari, among others in his lifetime.
- He created a significant impact in uplifting the Bengali film industry during the 60s, 70s and 80s.