Daily Current Affairs 6 March 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Centre approves proposal for continuation of seven existing sub schemes under Umbrella Scheme Relief and Rehabilitation of Migrants and Repatriates
Centre has approved the proposal for continuation of the seven existing sub schemes under the Umbrella Scheme Relief and Rehabilitation of Migrants and Repatriates. The approval has been given for the period 2021-22 to 2025-26 with a total outlay of 1,452 crore rupees. The umbrella scheme enables migrants and repatriates, who have suffered on account of displacement, to earn a reasonable income and facilitate their inclusion in mainstream economic activities.
India signs Host Country Agreement with the International Telecommunication Union for establishment of Area Office & Innovation Centre at New Delhi
Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister of Communications and H.E. Houlin Zhao, Secretary General of International Telecommunication Union (ITU) signed the Host Country Agreement (HCA) for the establishment of an Area Office & Innovation Centre of ITU in New Delhi on 3rd March 2022.
- International Telecommunication Union is the United Nations specialised agency for information and communication technologies – ICTs. ITU currently has a membership of 193 countries and over 900 private-sector entities and academic institutions.
- The Area Office and Innovation Centre of ITU at New Delhi is expected to serve South Asian countries namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka and India. The Host Country Agreement provides the legal and financial framework for establishment and operations of the Area Office.
India’s solar installations cross a record 10 GW capacity in 2021: Mercom Report
In a record 210 per cent increase year-over-year (YoY), India has added 10 gigawatts (GW) of solar capacity in the calendar year (CY) 2021, compared to 3.2 GW installed in CY 2020, according to the recently released 2021 Q4 and Annual India Solar Market Update by Mercom India Research,
- Solar installations in India in 2021 were the highest ever with the country breaching 10 GW for the first time in a year.
ARIES, IIT Roorkee students will soon be able to participate in joint PhD programmes
Science and Technology Ministry has said that students of Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, ARIES and Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, IITR will soon be able to participate in joint PhD programmes. It said IIT Roorkee students can do projects on the ongoing activities at ARIES utilizing the various existing and upcoming facilities at ARIES.
- Aim of this partnership is to bring the researchers of IIT Roorkee and ARIES closer to each other so as to use their respective strengths to jointly address interesting scientific and engineering problems.
Indigenous anti-collision system ‘Kavach’ to avoid rail accidents successfully tested by Indian Railways
Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw has announced that ‘Kavach’ System, the anti-collision test conducted by the Indian Railways to check the indigenous developed system to avoid rail accidents is successful. He held an on-site inspection near Secunderabad.
- The indigenously developed Automatic Train Protection (ATP) system, Kavach, was designed to help the Railways achieve – zero accidents.
- ‘Kavach’ automatically stopped the train before 380 metres of other Locomotive at the front. He tweeted about the successful test of Kavach.
Country’s first indigenous Flying Trainer HANSA-NG successfully completes sea level trials
The country’s first indigenous Flying Trainer HANSA-NG designed and developed by CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore, has successfully completed the sea level trials at Puducherry from 19th February to 5th March.
- The aircraft was flown to Puducherry covering 140 nautical miles in one and half hours at a cruising speed of 155 km per hour on 19th February.
- HANSA-NG is designed to meet the Indian flying club needs and it is an ideal aircraft for Commercial Pilot Licensing due to its low cost and low fuel consumption.
Indian Navy successfully demonstrates accuracy of Brahmos supersonic cruise missile from stealth destroyer INS Chennai
Indian Navy successfully demonstrated the accuracy of an extended-range land-attack Brahmos supersonic cruise missile from the stealth destroyer INS Chennai. The missile hit its intended target with pinpoint accuracy after traversing an extended range trajectory and performing complex manoeuvres.
- Both Brahmos missile and INS Chennai are indigenously built and highlight the cutting-edge of Indian missile and ship-building prowess.
India, Nepal ink agreement for long-term supply of fertilizers
India and Nepal signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the supply of Urea and Di-ammonium Phosphate (DAP) from India to Nepal under Government to Government Arrangement.
- The signing of this MoU is expected to help address the recurring fertilizer shortages in Nepal and enable improve agricultural productivity for the direct benefit of Nepali farmers.
IHCL partners with UNESCO to safeguard the intangible cultural heritage in India
The Indian Hotels Company (IHCL), India’s largest hospitality company, has announced that it will collaborate with UNESCO to help safeguard and promote the intangible cultural heritage of India as part of a major new initiative meant to transform the landscape of travel in the post COVID 19 world.
- Together IHCL and UNESCO will offer experiential tours for travellers at various IHCL hotels, so that they can experience better the living heritage of the country.
Fifth session of the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA-5.2)
Fifth session of the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA-5.2) held in Nairobi, Kenya
BANKING & FINANCE
Axis Bank commits USD 150 Mn loan to Healthcare Sector
Axis Bank has committed a USD 150 million (about Rs 1,140 crore) loan for strengthening the healthcare infrastructure in the country in association with IPE Global, in the aftermath of the pandemic.
- The continued threat of new variants has reinforced the need to boost investments and partnerships in the health sector.
- Axis Bank has committed to strengthening India’s healthcare infrastructure by signing an MoU with IPE Global for the SAMRIDH Healthcare Blended Finance Facility, the bank said in a release.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
PayU and VTEX join hands to offer merchants multiple local payment methods
PayU has collaborated with VTEX, one of the largest global digital commerce platforms, to offer multiple payment solutions to VTEX merchants. The unique integration by VTEX to support their merchants in India will provide businesses seamless access to PayU’s payment solutions.
- The integration aims to simplify payment methods for the merchants using VTEX platform. PayU platform will be available for VTEX’s merchants when they are doing business in India.
Future Generali India Insurance Launches ‘FG Dog Health Cover’ Insurance
Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited (FGII) announced the launch of FG Dog Health Cover, a comprehensive health insurance for pet dogs, along with industry-first ‘Emergency Pet Minding’ cover. This comprehensive cover will protect pet parents against the cost of their dogs’ surgery and hospitalisation, terminal illness, mortality, and funeral expenses. With add-on covers, pet parents will, also, be able to insure their dogs against third-party liability, theft or loss, emergency pet minding, veterinary consultation, and doctor on call.
BCCI announces RuPay as Official Partner for TATA IPL
The Indian Premier League Governing Council (IPL GC) announced RuPay, the flagship product of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) as an official partner for TATA IPL, which will begin on 26th March 2022.
- This will be a multi-year partnership.RuPay is the first-of-its-kind Global Card payment network from India, providing an exceptional self-reliant card payments network with innovative features that have made it a successful interoperable card. RuPay is widely accepted at ATMs, POS devices, and e-commerce websites.
NMCG awarded ‘Special Jury Award’ for Ganga rejuvenation
National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has been awarded the ‘Special Jury Award’ at the 7th India Industry Water Conclave and the 9th edition of the FICCI Water Awards. NMCG has been awarded for its effort in reviving River Ganga and bringing about a paradigm shift in water management
- The 9th edition of the FICCI Water Awards were organised at the FICCI’s 7th India Industry Water Conclave, held virtually on March 02 and 03, 2022.
CtrlS bags Prestigious ASSOCHAM Award for Sustainability Excellence in Energy Management
CtrlS, Asia’s largest Rated-4 Hyperscale Data Center, announced that it has been awarded the most prestigious ASSOCHAM Award for Sustainability Excellence in Energy Management. CtrlS joins an impressive slate of awardees that include organizations, projects who have adopted sustainable practices to efficiently manage energy consumption and reduce carbon footprint.
- The current and past winners of ASSOCHAM awards include SAP, Tata Consultancy Services, L&T, Cognizant, Ashok Leyland, ONGC, SBI Life Insurance, JK Tyre, Tata Capital, ICICI Foundation, NTPC, PayTM and others who have made efforts to integrate economic, environmental, and social objectives alongside the company’s operations and growth.
Australian cricket legend Rod Marsh passes away aged 74
Australian cricket legend Rod Marsh has passed away aged 74 following a major heart attack. The former Test wicketkeeper was taken to hospital after falling ill in a car shortly after arriving in Queensland to attend a charity event.