Daily Current Affairs 5 May 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Skill Ministry join hands with ISRO, launches ISRO Technical Training Programme
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to launch ISRO Technical Training Programme.
- Under the programme, more than 4000 ISRO technical employees would be trained over the course of the next five years.
- The programme is aimed at creating a formal framework for short-term courses to provide training for the skill development and capacity building of the technical staff of ISRO as per the industry requirements, in the space domain in the country.
- The training would be imparted at the National Skill Training Institutes (NSTI) under MSDE located across India.
Odisha to come up with India’s First Tribal Health Observatory
Odisha is set to come up with India’s “only” observatory that will establish a repository on the health of the tribal population in the state.
- A memorandum of understanding was inked in this regard between the ST and SC Development Department and the RMRC, a regional centre of the Indian Council of Medical Research.
India’s 1st flow chem tech hub in Hyderabad
A Flow Chemistry Technology Hub (FCT Hub) has been set up at Dr Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences (DRILS) in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- This hub will be an enabler for the pharma industry in India to make a paradigm shift towards incorporation of modern approaches from R&D to manufacturing and migration to greener and sustainable processes.
JKFDC & NFDC to organize first ever J&K National Film Festival
Jammu and Kashmir Film Development Council in collaboration with National Film Development Corporation and Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, is organizing first ever National Film Festival of Jammu and Kashmir from 15th to 20th June, 2022.
- The Film festival, which will be a congregation of the best of films and music, film-makers, music artists, other allied talent, will serve as a reservoir of creativity and inspiration for anyone across the world who aspires to live, love and breathe films and music.
- The idea behind this film festival is to highlight the film, music and creative ecosystem in J&K, along with its’ natural and social-cultural beauty that Jammu and Kashmir has been blessed with, to rest of India and the world.
RPF launched Focused Effort Under “Operation Satark” From 5th April To 30th April, 2022
Indian Railways, being the primary transporter of the nation, is likely to be used by tax evaders, smugglers, gun runners, and forces inimical to the nation to transport illegal items to different parts of the country for acting on their nefarious designs. Railway Protection Force is alive to this and has recently started “Operation Satark” with an objective of taking action against illicit liquor/FICN/illegal tobacco products/unaccounted gold/cash/precious items/ any other items being transported through railway network for the purpose of tax evasion/smuggling/commission of crime/acts of terror.
- Railway Protection Force is an armed force of the union entrusted with the security of railway property, passenger area and passengers. It is the lead security agency in the field of railway security having a pan India reach.
- Focused effort under “Operation Satark” was launched from 5th April to 30th April 2022 wherein 26 cases of transportation of illegal tobacco products were detected with seizure of tobacco products worth more than Rs 44 Lakhs and arrest of 14 persons involved.
Indian Oil launches methanol-blended petrol on pilot basis in Assam
Indian Oil Corp (IOC) rolled out M15 petrol — 15 per cent blend of methanol with petrol — on a pilot basis in Assam’s Tinsukia district.
- Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Rameswar Teli launched the M15 petrol in the presence of Niti Aayog member VK Saraswat and IOC chairman SM Vaidya.
- Teli said that blending fuel with methanol will provide respite from the rising prices.
India, UAE CEPA came into force on May 1, $40 billion exports likely in FY23
The Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) between India and the United Arab Emirates came into force on May 1, that would allow 90% of the country’s exports a duty-free access to the Emirates.
- The CEPA is likely to benefit about $26 billion worth of Indian products that are currently subjected to 5% import duty by the UAE, India’s third-biggest trading partner behind the US and China.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
FISME to launch digital lending platform for MSMEs; signs MoU with financial guarantee provider Eqaro
MSME association Federation of Indian Micro and Small & Medium Enterprises (FISME) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with financial guarantee provider Eqaro Surety to set up a digital lending platform for MSMEs in the country.
- FISME said the platform is expected to be launched this year and will provide access to collateral-free capital up to Rs 25 lakh to fulfil MSMEs’ need for urgent funds post due diligence of their businesses.
- The credit would be backed by guarantees from Eqaro.
IIFL, Open Financial Technologies enter JV, launch neobank for MSMEs
Non Banking financial company IIFL Finance Ltd and Open Financial Technologies, Asia’s largest SME focused neo-banking platform have announced a joint venture (JV) to launch India’s first neobank that would cater to banking and credit requirements of Micro and Small Enterprises (MSMEs).
- Initial capital of the joint venture company will be Rs 120 crore. The JV composition between IIFL Finance and Open is 51:49. The name of the joint venture would be IIFL Open Fintech Private Limited.
Tata Power partners with CADRRE to launch ‘PAY AUTENTION’
In line with Tata Power’s philosophy of holistic and inclusive development, Tata Power Community Development Trust (TPCDT) has partnered with the Center for Autism and other Disabilities Rehabilitation Research and Education (CADRRE) to launch ‘PAY AUTENTION – A different mind is a gifted mind‘, India’s first bridgital Autism support network.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a neuro-developmental disorder of variable severity, characterized by challenges in social interaction, communication, restrictive or repetitive patterns of behaviour; signs of which usually begin during early childhood and last throughout an individual’s lifespan. It is the third most common developmental disorder in the world.
- The initiative aims to increase overall awareness about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and help people understand, accept and support individuals with Autism and their parents and caregivers.