Daily Current Affairs 6 November 2017 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
India’s Largest CDQ Facility at Tata Steel Kalinganagar
Tata Steel has established India’s largest Coke Dry Quenching (CDQ) facility, capable of handling 200 metric tonnes per hour, at its state-of-the-art steel plant at Kalinganagar Industrial Complex in Jajpur district of Odisha.
- CDQ is a heat recovery system to cool hot coke from coke ovens.
Balijatra festival begins in Odisha
The annual ‘Balijatra’ festival was inaugurated at the Gadagadia ghat in Cuttack on the banks of river Mahanadi.
- The week-long famous fair on an area of 30 acres on the river bank will continue till November 10. It got the nod from east zone bench of National Green Tribunal for the second time this year.
India, Bangladesh to hold joint military combat exercise
The Indian and the Bangladeshi army are all set to take part in an intensive combat exercise “Exercise Sampriti” at India’s Counter-Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School at Vairengte in Mizoram from November 6 to 18.
- The military combat exercise is organised to conduct counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in a semi-mountainous jungle terrain to bolster bilateral military ties.
Guinea becomes new member of International Solar Alliance
Guinea handed over country’s instrument accession to the India-initiated International Solar Alliance (ISA).
- Founder of ISA is Narendra Modi with its headquarters at Gwal Pahari, Gurugram, Haryana
Apollo Munich Health Insurance wins ‘General Insurance Company of the Year’
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company, a joint venture between integrated healthcare provider, Apollo Hospitals Group, and the Munich Re Group was conferred with the 21st Asia Insurance Industry Awards in the “General Insurance Company of the Year” category.
Aditi Ashok wins in Abu Dhabi for her third LET title
Young Indian golfer Aditi Ashok made a triumphant return to the Ladies European Tour (LET) by clinching the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open.
Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia designated Finance Secretary
Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia has been designated as the new Finance Secretary. Adhia is a 1981 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre.
- The vacancy was caused following the superannuation of Ashok Lavasa last month.
Indian short film wins award in Montreal
Indian short film “The School Bag”, which tells a story based in Pakistan, has won the Best Short Film Award at the South Asian Film Festival of Montreal (SAFFM). The film is directed by Dheeraj Jindal.
- The movie’s plot is based in Peshawar and tells a story about the relationship between a mother and her seven-year-old son who wants a new school bag on his birthday, but fate has something else in store for him.