Daily Current Affairs 6 September 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Female employees to get 60-day special maternity leave in case of death of baby at birth: Centre
The central government has decided to give 60-day special maternity leave to all lady staff in case of death of a child soon after birth, according to an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- The decision has been taken keeping in view the potential emotional trauma caused due to stillbirth or death of a child soon after birth, which has a far-reaching impact on the mother’s life, it said.
Govt to set up country’s first-ever Night Sky Sanctuary in Ladakh to boost Astro tourism
In a unique and first-of-its-kind initiative, the Department of Science and Technology, DST has undertaken to set up India’s first-ever Night Sky Sanctuary in Ladakh. It will be completed within the next three months.
- The proposed Dark Sky Reserve will be located at Hanle in Ladakh as a part of Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary. It will boost Astro tourism in India and will be one of the world’s highest-located sites for optical, infrared, and gamma-ray telescopes.
- Ladakh Administration has taken a decision to start the commercial plantation of Leh Berry.
CCRAS ‘SPARK’ Program to Support Innovative Research in Ayurveda
The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), has taken a unique initiative to support the research efforts of bright young minds of the Country by developing the Studentship Program for Ayurveda Research Ken (SPARK) for Ayurveda (BAMS) students studying in recognised Ayurveda colleges.
Odisha govt disburses Rs 869 crore for farmers under KALIA scheme
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik disbursed Rs 869 crore for the state’s 41.85 lakh farmers, under its Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) scheme, and assured them of additional aid for crop losses suffered in the recent floods.
- The state government had in 2018 launched the KALIA scheme, under which the farmers are given Rs 4,000 in two equal instalments.
India to emerge third-largest economy of world by 2029; Likely to surpass Germany by 2027, and Japan by 2029
India is set to become the third largest economy in the world by 2029. A State Bank of India report said India will surpass Germany in 2027 and most likely Japan by 2029 at the current rate of growth. The report said that the country has undergone a large structural shift since 2014 and is now the 5th largest economy overtaking the United Kingdom.
- The report is authored by Soumya Kanti Ghosh, group chief economic adviser, SBI.
ISRO successfully test Inflatable Aerodynamic Decelerator to land missions on Mars or Venus
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully demonstrated a new technology with Inflatable Aerodynamic Decelerator (IAD). Designed and developed by ISRO’s Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), IAD is a game-changer with multiple applications for future missions including to Mars and Venus.
- The IAD was successfully test flown in a ‘Rohini’ sounding rocket from Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station.
UIDAI tops among all Ministries and Departments in resolving Public Grievances during August 2022
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has topped among all Ministries and Departments in resolving Public Grievances. This was stated in the ranking report published by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances for the month of August 2022.
- UIDAI has been a top performer in the resolution of cases received through Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS).
India and UAE reiterate commitment to achieve goal of 100bn of bilateral trade in next 5 yrs
India and UAE have reiterated their commitment to achieving the goal of 100 billion US dollars of bilateral trade in the next five years. Both countries have also noted the possibility of linking instant payment platforms, such as through the United Payment Interface of India.
- 14th India-UAE Joint Commission Meeting was held in Abu Dhabi in which two MoUs were signed between both sides.
- One MoU was signed between the Wildlife Institute of India and the International Fund for Houbara Conservation for the Conservation of the Great Indian Bustard and the Lesser Florican.
- Another MoU was signed between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of UAE and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations on the establishment of the India-UAE Cultural Council Forum.
Former footballer Kalyan Chaubey elected as new President of All India Football Federation
Former footballer Kalyan Chaubey has been elected as the President of the All India Football Federation (AIFF). Kalyan defeated the legendary Bhaichung Bhutia in the election for the top post.
- Arunachal Pradesh’s Kipa Ajay beat Gopalakrishna Kosaraju of Andhra Pradesh for the treasurer’s post.
SC Judge DY Chandrachud nominated as Executive Chairman of National Legal Services Authority
Senior Judge of Supreme Court of India Dr. Justice DY Chandrachud has been nominated as the Executive Chairman of the National Legal Services Authority.
Telangana Govt to observe Sept 17 as Integration Day
Telangana government has decided to observe September 17 as Telangana National Integration Day. September 17 is the day erstwhile Hyderabad State under Nizam rule merged with the Indian Union in 1948.
- An official release issued after the State Cabinet meeting headed by Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao here said the government would organise three-day celebrations beginning September 16.