Daily Current Affairs 7 April 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Environment Minister launches ‘Prakriti’ green initiatives for effective plastic waste management
The Union Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change Bhupender Yadav on March 5th, 2022 launched awareness mascot ‘Prakriti’ & other green initiatives for effective plastic waste management.
- Mascot ‘Prakriti’ has been launched to spread mass awareness about how adoption of small changes in our lifestyle can play a big role in environment sustainability.
- It also teaches about various efforts and initiative that the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change and Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) have taken in order to ensure effective Plastic Waste Management (PWM) in the country.
Govt Allows to 10 States to Borrow Additional Rs 28,204 Cr for Power Sector Reforms
The finance ministry said 10 states were given the permission to borrow an additional Rs 28,204 crore in FY22 for undertaking power sector reforms. The 10 states are Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Odisha, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
- In the financial year 2022-23 too, the states can avail the facility of additional borrowing linked to reforms in power sector. An amount of Rs 1,22,551 crore will be available as incentive to the states for undertaking these reforms in 2022-23, it added.
Youth Affairs, Sports Ministry releases India’s contribution of 72,124 Dollars to UNESCO Fund for Elimination of Doping in Sport in 2022
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has released India’s contribution of 72,124 Dollars to UNESCO Fund for Elimination of Doping in Sport in 2022. It is a considerably enhanced contribution of twice the assessed value. As per the resolution of 7COP held at Paris in September 2019, the State Parties had agreed for one percent of the contribution of the regular budget of respective nation to UNESCO towards the Fund for the Elimination of Doping in Sport.
- Pursuant to the commitment and Resolution Government of India has released an enhanced contribution of India to UNESCO Fund for Elimination of Doping in Sport.
Ladakh: Community museum inaugurated in Gya – Sasoma villages of Leh district
In Ladakh, a community museum was inaugurated in Gya – Sasoma villages of Leh district in the direction of preserving and forwarding its rich cultural heritage to future generations.
- Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, LAHDC, Leh Chairman/CEC Tashi Gyaltson inaugurated the Community Museum in Gya – Sasoma.
- In the first of its kind in India, Gya – Sasoma villagers in Leh, have contributed a variety of articles and collections to establish the Community Museum in a traditional Ladakhi House.
- Arguably, Gya is the first village and oldest inhabitation in Upper Ladakh. Along with the Gya-Sasoma villagers, women associations of the villages, the Department of Museology National Museum Institute, NMI New Delhi, and the LAHDC, Leh together have participated in the establishment of the Community Museum.
President Kovind arrives in Amsterdam; names new breed of yellow tulips ‘Maitri’
President Ram Nath Kovind arrived in Amsterdam on the final leg of his two-nation visit – the first presidential trip to the Netherlands after 34 years.
- President Ram Nath Kovind and the First Lady Smt Savita Kovind visited Keukenhof in Amsterdam. The President named a new breed of yellow tulips Maitri’~ symbolic of the special & enduring friendship between India and the Netherlands.
Hurun Richest Self-Made Women in the World 2022
According to the list of Hurun Richest Self-Made Women in the World 2022 released by the Hurun Research Institute, there are 124 Self-Made Women Billionaires in World and China contributes to two-thirds of the world’s self-made women billionaires with 78 followed by the United States with 25 and the United Kingdom with 5.
- Wu Yajun co-founder of Longfor from China has topped the list followed by Fan Hongwei, Chairman/President, Hengli Petrochemical Co Ltd (China) and Wang Laichun of Luxshare Precision Industry (China).
- Falguni Nayar, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Nykaa, is ranked 10th with a wealth of USD 7.6 billion. She is the only Indian among the top 10. Radha Vembu, co-founder & product manager of Zoho is ranked 25th in the global list. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, executive chairperson and founder of Biocon Limited and Biocon Biologics, is 26th on the list.