Daily Current Affairs 7 March 2018 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Centre sanctions Rs 1,000 crore for research and innovation
In a major boost for research and innovation in the country, the Central Government has sanctioned a sum of Rs. 1000 crore for the phase two of the Impacting Research Innovation and Technology (IMPRINT) India programme.
- Under the IMPRINT-I Programme, 142 projects at a cost of Rs. 318.71 crore are already under implementation.
- These projects will cover crucial domains like security and defence, information technology, energy, sustainable habitat, advance materials, health care, nano technology, climate change, etc.
Nitin Gadkari launches Sukhad Yatra App and Toll-free Emergency number for Highway users
Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari launched a mobile App and Toll-free Emergency number for Highway users in New Delhi.
- Sukhad Yatra mobile application has been prepared by National Highways Authority of India, NHAI, to empower the Highway user. The key feature of the app includes provision for the user to enter road quality-related information or to report any accident or pothole on the highway. It also provides users with real-time data related to waiting time expected at Plazas and various facilities like points of interest, highway nest/nest mini, etc., available across the highway.
- A toll-free number, 1033, will enable users to report an emergency condition, or highway-related feedback, across the highway. The service has also integrated with various ambulance/tow away services along the road to ensure rapid response time in emergency.
Animal Welfare Board of India headquarters shifted from Chennai to Haryana
The headquarters of the Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) has been shifted from Chennai to Haryana’s Ballabhgarh for “better coordination” between the environment ministry and the the board.
Mumbai and Delhi Airports named world’s best for quality service
Airports Council International (ACI), a trade association of 1,953 airports in 176 countries, announced its annual airport service quality (ASQ) awards and Mumbai (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport) tied with Delhi (Indira Gandhi International Airport) for the top position among airports handling over 40 million passengers annually. Beijing and Shanghai Pudong have been ranked second.
Washington becomes 1st state to approve net-neutrality rules
Setting up a likely legal fight with the Trump administration, Washington has become the first state to enact its own net-neutrality requirements after U.S. regulators repealed Obama-era rules designed to keep the internet an even playing field.
AAI participates in World ATM Congress in Spain
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) is participating in World ATM Congress (WATMC) 2018 being held at IFEMA, Feria de Madrid, Spain from March 6 to 8.
- Now entering its sixth year, World ATM Congress is the world’s largest international air traffic management (ATM) exhibition and conference attracting thousands of delegates each year.
European development bank approves India’s membership
India is all set to become the 69th member of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) after shareholders of the international financial institution gave their nod to the country’s candidature.
- The formal membership process will now get underway, which includes the purchase of shares by India at an estimated cost of around €1 million.
- The bank is headquartered in London, with the biggest shareholder being the United States and Current President named Suma Chakrabarti.
Mukesh Ambani richest Indian, Jeff Bezos tops Forbes world’s rich list
According to Forbes’ 2018 ‘World’s Billionaires’ list, Mukesh Ambani’s net worth has soared to $40.1 billion, making him the richest Indian for the 11th year in a row, while Amazon founder Jeff Bezos toppled Bill Gates as the world’s wealthiest person.
Paytm founder Vijay Sharma youngest Indian billionaire
According to Forbes, Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma, 39, is the youngest Indian billionaire, while 92-year-old Samprada Singh, chairman emeritus of Alkem Laboratories, is the oldest. Sharma, ranked 1,394th on the list with a fortune of USD 1.7 billion, is the only Indian billionaire in the under-40 league.
Veteran broadcaster Shivaji Dasgupta passes away
Shivaji Dasgupta, a doyen of Indian broadcasting has passed away after prolonged illness. He was 71.
Click here to read Current Affairs in English
Click here to read Current Affairs in Hindi
One Thought to “Daily Current Affairs 7th March, 2018”
Thanks for the thoughts you are giving on this blog site. Another thing I’d prefer to say is getting hold of copies of your credit profile in order to scrutinize accuracy of the detail is one first measures you have to carry out in fixing credit. You are looking to cleanse your credit profile from destructive details errors that screw up your credit score.