Daily Current Affairs 7 March 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
India’s first green charging station in the pipeline
In a first of its kind initiative, the National Highway for Electric Vehicle (NHEV), an organization for promoting electrification of the country’s transportation systems, is constructing a green charging hub along the Jaipur-Delhi-Agra E-highway.
- While the electric charging stations itself provides an emission free environment, what makes the new initiative unique is that it will also use green construction techniques for such EV stations apart from providing a wholesome look and feel of the place.
Dudhala in Gujarat to become first village to be completely solarised by a foundation
Goldi Solar, a global solar panel manufacturer and EPC services provider, in partnership with Shree Ramkrishna Knowledge Foundation (SRKKF) laid the foundation stone for the solarization of the village of Dudhala in Southern Gujarat.
- A 450 KW solar rooftop project will be used to power around 350 houses and public areas such as anganwadis and gram panchayat.
- Once complete, this would be the first village to be completely powered with solar panels by a foundation.
Telangana topped the Country in terms of Per Capita Net State 2022
Telangana became the top-performing state in India with a population over one crore in terms of the growth rate of Per Capita Net State Domestic Product at Current Prices by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI). It succeeded other states like Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu.
Ninth edition of Sri Lanka-India naval exercise SLINEX begins in Visakhapatnam
The ninth edition of Sri Lanka-India Naval Exercise SLINEX has begun in Visakhapatnam. The exercise will be conducted in two phases-the harbour phase at Visakhapatnam on March 7 and 8, followed by the sea phase on March 9 and 10 in the Bay of Bengal.
- SLINEX aims to enhance inter-operability, improve mutual understanding and exchange best practices and procedures for multi-faceted maritime operations between both navies. The Harbour Phase would include professional, cultural, sporting and social exchanges.
Mobile World Congress 2022 held in Barcelona
The Global System for Mobile Communications Association(GSMA) has organised the 2022 Mobile World Congress (MWC), which took place in Barcelona, Spain from 28 February to 3 March. The focus on 5G and maximizing its potential for benefiting countries and economies is the centrepiece of MWC this year which is taking place amid an ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
LoanTap announces partnership with ArkaFincap Ltd. and MAS Financial Services for new digital lending models
A leading fintech digital lending platform, LoanTap aims to close Financial Year 2022 with a bang as they announce business collaborations with Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) – ArkaFincap Ltd. (Arka). Additionally, LoanTap has also partnered with RBI registered NBFC, MAS Financial Services Ltd. (MAS) in a co-lending model for the salaried and MSME segment.
- The collaboration will allow LoanTap to utilize its technology and quick processes to tap into a larger customer base and enable loan disbursals through these partnerships.
IIFL Finance partners NIRA to offer personal loans
IIFL Finance Limited announced its collaboration with fintech firm NIRA as part of its strategy to strengthen its digital footprint. Through this partnership, salaried customers can avail of a personal loan of up to Rs1 lakh from IIFL Finance by downloading the NIRA app from Google’s Play store.
Indian Oil partners Kotak Mahindra Bank for co-branded credit card
Private lender Kotak Mahindra Bank and Indian Oil Corporation Ltd announced a strategic partnership to launch the Indian Oil Kotak co-branded fuel credit card.
- The collaboration will offer more value to customers in the form of an enhanced rewards programme giving customers value on fuel spends and on special non-fuel and frequent-spend categories, such as dining and groceries.
RIL announces opening of ‘Jio World Centre’ in Mumbai’s BKC
Reliance Industries Ltd. announced the opening of the Jio World Centre. The centre envisioned by Nita Ambani, director, Reliance Industries and founder-chairperson of Reliance Foundation is spread across 18.5 acres in Mumbai’s Bandra Kurla Complex.
- Jio World Centre will have a phase-wise opening over the course of the current and the next year. It will include cultural centre, a musical fountain, an upscale retail experience, a curated selection of cafés and fine dining restaurants, serviced apartments and offices.
NSE joins hand with Telangana govt to fuel growth of MSMEs
Leading stock exchange NSE has collaborated with the Telangana government to encourage and support the MSMEs (micro, small & medium enterprises) of the state for listing.
- As part of the pact, NSE with the support of the Telangana government will conduct awareness drive through seminars, camps, knowledge sessions, road shows and workshops to guide corporates across the state in fund raising on NSE Emerge platform, and also handhold the companies in the listing process.
Indian Women’s Team scripts history with Maiden Medal in World Race Walking Championships
The race walking trio of Bhawna Jat, Ravina and Munita Prajapati scripted history by winning the country’s maiden women’s 20km team medal, a bronze, at the World Athletics Race Walking Team Championships.
- China and Greece won the gold and silver respectively.
Hans Women FC clinch inaugural Football Delhi Women’s Premier League Title
Hans Women FC emerged champions at the inaugural Football Delhi Women’s Premier League 2021-22 by defeating Signature FC in penalty shootout in the final match played at the Ambedkar Stadium.
- Hans Womens FC were awarded a trophy and a prize money of Rs 50,000 and runner-up team, Signature FC pocketed Rs 25,000.
Indian Fencers win Nine Medals in Asian Junior and Cadet Championships
India returned with a rich haul of nine medals from the recently-concluded Asian Junior and Cadet Fencing Championship in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- India won four medals in the junior championships — in sabre women’s team (bronze), epee women’s team (silver), foil men’s team (bronze) and foil women’s team (bronze).
- In the Cadet Championship, India won five medals — in epee women’s individual (bronze), epee women’s team (silver), epee men’s team (bronze), sabre women’s team (bronze) and foil women’s team (bronze).
Spanish Para Badminton International: Paralympics Champion Pramod Bhagat wins 3 Golds, Sukant Kadam claims Gold And Silver
Tokyo Paralympics champion Pramod Bhagat struck gold in all the three categories that he participated in at the Spanish Para badminton International II tournament in Vitoria, Spain.
- Sukant Kadam, who is World No 4, also continued his good run and ended his campaign with a gold and a silver in the tournament.
- In the singles, World No 1 Bhagat defeated Kumar Nitesh 17-21 21-17 21-17 in a hard-fought final which lasted for 1 hour and 1 minute to claim the yellow metal.
- In the mixed doubles, World No 1 pair of Bhagat and Manoj Sarkar outwitted fellow Indians Kadam and Nitesh 21-19 11-21 21-11 in the summit clash for another gold.
- Bhagat then paired up with his mixed doubles partner Palak Kohli and secured a thrilling come-from-behind 14-21 21-11 21-14 win against the Indian pair of Ruthick Ragupathi and Manasi Girishchandra Joshi for his third gold medal of the tournament.
Delhi HC Chief Justice DN Patel appointed as chairperson of TDSAT
The Central government appointed Justice DN Patel, Chief Justice of High Court to the post of chairperson, Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT).
- Patel had been appointed as the TDSAT Chairperson for a period of four years. He was appointed as Chief Justice of Delhi High Court on 7th June, 2019.
SBI named ex-Ujjivan Small Finance Bank CEO Nitin Chugh as DMD
State Bank of India (SBI) has appointed former Ujjivan Small Finance Bank CEO, Nitin Chugh as Deputy Managing Director (DMD) to drive digital banking operations.
- He has been appointed for an initial term of three years. Prior to this appointment, Chugh was CEO and managing director of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
Senior Advocate Aman Lekhi resigns as Additional Solicitor General
Senior advocate Aman Lekhi resigned from the post of Additional Solicitor General of India. In a two-line letter addressed to the Union Minister for Law and Justice Kiren Rijiju, Lekhi said that he is tendering his resignation from the post of Additional Solicitor General at the Supreme Court with immediate effect.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs
3 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 7th March, 2022”
I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website. Reading this information So i’m happy to convey that I have a very good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most certainly will make certain to don’t forget this site and give it a look on a constant basis.
magnificent issues altogether, you simply gained a emblem new reader. What would you suggest about your submit that you simply made a few days ago? Any sure?
One thing I would like to say is car insurance cancellation is a dreaded experience and if you are doing the best things as a driver you may not get one. Some individuals do obtain the notice that they are officially dropped by their particular insurance company and many have to struggle to get additional insurance after a cancellation. Low cost auto insurance rates are generally hard to get following a cancellation. Having the main reasons with regard to auto insurance cancellations can help individuals prevent losing one of the most critical privileges out there. Thanks for the ideas shared through your blog.