Daily Current Affairs 7 November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Delhi Cabinet Approves Rs 1,544 Crore to Tackle Covid-19
The Delhi Cabinet approved a budget of Rs 1,544 crore under the Emergency COVID-19 Response Package to bolster health systems in order to be prepared for a possible third wave, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said.
- The chief minister said that in view of a possible wave of COVID-19, the Delhi government is trying its best to strengthen its health systems and preparedness at every level.
- Of the total budget, Rs 415 crore will be used for the strengthening of COVID-19 testing and labs. Rs 445 crore will be allotted for procurement of supplies. A budget of Rs 280 crore will help bolster health facilities and hospitals along with an amount of Rs 125 crore that will aid the management of Covid care centres.
India, France Agree to Strengthen Defence and Security Partnership
In a significant move, India and France agreed to strengthen defence and security partnership by enhancing intelligence and information sharing, bolstering mutual capabilities, expanding military drills and pursuing new initiatives in maritime, space and cyber domains.
- The two countries resolved to expand the defence ties at a meeting of India-France strategic dialogue in Paris that was co-chaired by NSA Ajit Doval and Emmanuel Bonne, the Diplomatic Advisor to French President.
India Signs Up to COP26 Action Agenda on Sustainable Agriculture
India is among 27 countries to sign up to a sustainable agriculture action agenda at the conclusion of the first week of the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow, laying out new commitments to make farming more sustainable and less polluting.
- The Sustainable Agriculture Policy Action Agenda for the Transition to Sustainable Agriculture and Global Action Agenda for Innovation in Agriculture’ was among the highlight action pledges to be clinched by the participating countries at the 26th Conference of Parties (COP26) of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- The announcement follows Ocean Action Day on November 5,2021 of over 10 new countries signing up to the “30by30″ target to protect 30 per cent of the world’s ocean by 2030.
- Among other developments from week one of the COP26 climate summit, the World Bank will commit to spending USD 25 billion in climate finance annually to 2025 through its Climate Action Plan, including a focus on agriculture and food systems.
WTT Contender tournament: Indian Table Tennis pair of Manika Batra, Archana Kamath clinches women’s doubles title at Lasko
In Table Tennis, Indian pair of Manika Batra and Archana Girish Kamath clinched the women’s doubles title in the WTT Contender tournament in Lasko, Slovenia. Playing at the Sports Hall Tri Lilije, the Indian duo defeated the Puerto Rican team of Melanie Diaz and Adriana Diaz in straight sets by 11-3, 11-8, 12-10.
- Manika Batra won a bronze medal after the Indian went down fighting to Wang Yidi of China by 2-4 in the semi-finals of women’s singles. Wang Yidi defeated Manika by 11-7, 7-11, 13-11, 10-12, 11-7, 11-5.
President’s Cup shooting championship: Manu Bhaker and Javad Foroughi win air pistol mixed team gold
Manu Bhaker in partnership with Olympic champion Javad Foroughi of Iran won the mixed air pistol gold in the President’s Cup shooting championship in Wroclaw, Poland.
- The Indo-Iranian team beat Mathilde Lamolle of France and Artem Chernousov of Russia 16-8 in the match for the gold.
- Earlier, Manu and Javad had pipped Anna Korakaki of Greece and Damir Mikec of Serbia in the shoot-off after the two teams had tied on 31 in the semifinals. The French-Russian combination had topped the other semifinals.
Eminent Cricket Coach Tarak Sinha passes away
Eminent Cricket Coach and Dronacharya Awardee Tarak Sinha passed away in New Delhi after a prolonged illness. He was 71.
- He was a father figure in coaching and produced some of the country’s finest cricketers who ruled domestic and international cricket. Tarak Sinha trained stalwarts including Manoj Prabhakar, Raman Lamba, Ajay Sharma, Atul Wassan, Surinder Khanna, Sanjiv Sharma, Aakash Chopra, Anjum Chopra, Rumeli Dhar, Ashish Nehra, Shikhar Dhawan and Rishabh Pant.