Daily Current Affairs 7 September 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
PM Modi announces PM-SHRI scheme to develop 14,500 schools across the country
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India (PM-SHRI) Yojana under which 14,500 schools from across the country will be upgraded as PM-SHRI schools.
- These schools will become model schools and will encapsulate the full spirit of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
- The Prime Minister said the PM-SHRI schools will have a modern, transformational and holistic method of imparting education.
Centre announces constitution of National level Committee for drafting of National Cooperation Policy
Centre has announced the constitution of a national level committee for drafting of the national cooperation policy. The committee under the Chairmanship of former Union Minister, Suresh Prabhu consists of 47 members from all parts of the country.
- The new policy is being formulated to realize the vision of Sahakar Se Samriddhi under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Tripura sets up country’s first Bio-Villages
Tripura Government has setup India’s 1st Bio-Village at Daspara village of the state. The concept of Bio Village 2.0 developed by the state government has been recognized as one of the best practices to attain sustainable development goals.
- The village has been transformed with all the residents following nature-based lifestyle and livelihood. The village farmers have also decided to reduce theuse of chemical fertilizers for agricultural activities.
IIT Madras partners with Inspire Institute of Sports to develop advanced boxing analytics software
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras researchers along with Inspire Institute of Sports (IIS) in Bellary, Karnataka, are developing a cost-effective boxing analytics platform to increase India’s boxing medal tally at the 2024 Olympics.
- An analytics platform called ‘Smartboxer’ is being developed as a multi-version software by the Centre of Excellence for Sports Science and Analytics at IIT Madras, which will provide an above-par competitive edge to Indian athletes. It will provide feedback and performance assessments using Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled wearable sensors and video cameras.
Tata Motors launches India’s first CNG-powered M&HCVs
Tata Motors introduced what it claims to be the country’s first CNG-powered M&HCVs in the 28- and 19-tonne categories.
- Introduced as a part of the Signa platform, the all-new CNG trucks offer the optimal combination of low operational costs, high durability and multiple-use applications that result in higher profitability.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
CCI approves PayU acquisition of BillDesk for $4.7 billion
Competition Commission of India (CCI) granted its approval for the acquisition of 100 per cent equity of indiaideas.Com (BillDesk) by PayU Payments.
- The proposed combination relates to the acquisition of 100 per cent of the equity share capital of India Ideas Ltd (IIL) by PayU India.
Max Verstappen Wins 2022 F1 Dutch Grand Prix
Max Verstappen (Dutch) won his home race at the Dutch Grand Prix to continue his dominance of the 2022 Formula One season. It represents the fourth straight win for Verstappen, who now has 10 victories in 15 races this season.
Indian GM Aravindh Chithambaram wins Dubai Open chess tournament
22 year old Grandmaster Aravindh Chithambaram emerged champion in the 22nd Dubai Open chess tournament, with 7.5 points as seven Indians finished in the top 10 with R Praggnanandhaa sharing second spot with five others.
Suresh Raina announces retirement from IPL, domestic cricket
Indian batter Suresh Raina announced retirement from the Indian Premier League (IPL) and domestic cricket. However, he will be featuring in the upcoming Road Safety World Series and could also be seen playing the overseas leagues.
Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim retires from T20 internationals
Former captain and wicketkeeper-batsman of Bangladesh Cricket Team Mushfiqur Rahim took to Twitter to announce his retirement from T20 international cricket. The cricketer also informed that he will continue to play in ODI, Test and league matches. His decision came two days after Bangladesh was knocked out of Asia Cup 2022.