Daily Current Affairs 8 April 2018 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Gram Swaraj Abhiyan to be organised on Ambedkar Jayanti
The Prime Minister has announced that on the occasion of Ambedkar Jayanti a “Gram Swaraj Abhiyan” would be organised starting from 14th April to 5th May, 2018. This Abhiyan is being undertaken for reaching out to poor households, spreading awareness about government welfare schemes and other people centric initiatives.
Tobacco products, cigarette packs to show helpline number from Sept
All tobacco products and cigarette packs will have a national toll-free number printed on them from September this year to assist users to quit addiction. The number is – 1XXX-XX-2356.
- The toll-free number will help in creating awareness among tobacco users and give them access to counselling services to effect behaviour change.
UP Government launches Ganga Hariteema Yojana
The Uttar Pradesh Government launched the Ganga Hariteema Yojana, also known as Ganga Greenery scheme, on in the 27 districts of Uttar Pradesh that are located on the bank of river Ganga.
- The scheme aims to enhance the green cover in the catchment areas of the river Ganga and to control the land erosion.
IAF to conduct biggest combat exercise along Pakistan, China borders
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is going to conduct its biggest ever combat exercise along Pakistan and China borders.
- The exercise- Gagan Shakti, 2018– will be taking place between April 10 to 23. Depending upon the order of the Air Force Chief, the Air Force will mobilise its assets in the war scenario within 48 hours of the orders.
Leander Paes becomes most successful player in Davis Cup
Indian tennis’ ageless wonder Leander Paes became the most successful doubles player in the history of Davis Cup as he combined with Rohan Bopanna to not only grab a record 43rd win but also bring the country back in the tie against China.
President Kovind bestowed with Equitorial Guinea’s highest civilian honour
President Ram Nath Kovind was conferred with the Condecoracion, the highest honour accorded to a non-citizen by the government of Equatorial Guinea while his visit there.
- President Kovind was bestowed with the medal of the Gran Colar de la Independencia by his counterpart Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, for his contribution to the cause of development, security and world peace.
Javed Akhtar awarded ‘Shanti Doot’ award
Poet, litterateur, author, lyricist and activist Javed Akhtar has been awarded the ‘Shanti Doot’ award by one of the most revered temples in India — the Sankat Mochan Hanuman Mandir in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The award has been instituted a peace price to honour exceptional messengers of peace.
Anushka to be honoured as Path Breaking Producer
The Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for 2018 is being awarded to Bollywood actor Anushka Sharma for her genre-defining successful movies.
- The 29-year-old actress is being widely revered for breaking new grounds as a film producer, along with her brother Karnesh Sharma.
- Anushka along with her brother Karnesh have also empowered young talent by giving them big-ticket breaks in the industry as directors, musicians, composers, technicians, etc by backing and believing raw talent.
Tamannaah to be felicitated with Sridevi Award
Actress Tamannaah Bhatia, who has worked in both the Hindi film industry and southern cinema, will be felicitated with Sridevi Award at the Zee Apsara Awards.
- She will be honoured for her contribution to cinema and as a deserving woman achiever here on Sunday, read a statement.
Delhi’s Mahir Pandhi wins ‘Top Model India’
Mahir Pandhi, an aspiring model from New Delhi, has won “Top Model India”, which showcases diverse talent and breaks stereotypes. The show gave a chance to 12 aspiring models to transform into supermodels.
Click here to read Current Affairs in English
Click here to read Current Affairs in Hindi