Daily Current Affairs 9 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
24th National Conference on e-Governance 2021 concludes at Hyderabad
The 24th National e-Governance conference in its Hyderabad declaration has resolved to bring citizens and governments closer through digital platforms and transform citizen services through use of technology.
- The theme of this Conference is ‘India’s Techade: Digital Governance in a Post Pandemic World’.
- Leveraging the provisions include Aadhaar, DigiLocker, UMANG, e Sign and consent framework has been emphasised for achieving the same.
- The two-day Conference, jointly held in Hyderabad by Union Electronics & Information Technology ministry, Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DAPRG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances in collaboration with Telangana Government, has unanimously adopted the Hyderabad declaration, on its culmination.
Cabinet approves signing of MoU with Nepal for construction of bridge over Mahakali river at Dharchula in Uttarakhand
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, the CCEA has approved the Intra-State Transmission System – Green Energy Corridor Phase-II.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur said, the scheme will add approximately 10 thousand 750 circuit kilometres of transmission lines and around 27 thousand 500 Mega Volt-Amperes transformation capacity of substations.
- The Minister informed that the transmission systems will be created over a period of five years from the Financial Year 2021-22 to 2025-26. The scheme will help in achieving the target of 450 GW installed Renewable Energy capacity by 2030.
- The Cabinet has also approved a Memorandum of Understanding between India and Nepal for the construction of a bridge over Mahakali River at Dharchula.
20 crore unorganised workers register on E-shram portal
20 crore unorganised workers have registered on E-shram portal.
- On this achievement, Minister of Labour and Employment Bhupender Yadav has thanked everyone for their efforts. eSHRAM portal was launched on 26 August last year with the objective of creating a National Database of Unorganized Workers.
Rajnath Singh flags-in India’s first multi-dimensional adventure sports expedition conducted in France
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh flagged-in India’s first multi-dimensional adventure sports expedition conducted by National Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports in France.
- The expedition was conducted in November last year and the team comprising 12 people – eight Army personnel and four youths of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The expedition team carried out over 250 kilometres of winter trekking in the Alps Mountain Ranges, which included Tour De Mont Blanc trek covering the French, Swiss and Italian Alps. The expedition was organised as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
MEA inks pact with TCS for 2nd phase of Passport Seva Programme
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) signed an agreement with Tata Consultancy Services Ltd for the second phase of the Passport Seva Programme (PSP-V2.0) that envisages increasing data security and roll out of the next level of customer experience.
- The MEA said it is working towards the opening of one passport services centre in every Lok Sabha constituency where there is no Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK).
Winter Olympics-bound Md Arif Khan Included in Target Olympic Podium Scheme
The Sports Ministry’s Mission Olympic Cell (MOC) has approved the inclusion of Alpine Skiing athlete Md Arif Khan in the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) Core group, until the Winter Olympics, scheduled this February in Beijing, China.
- Khan will take part in the Winter Olympics in the Slalom and Giant Slalom events. He has also been approved an amount of Rs 17.46 Lakh under TOPS towards training in Europe and procurement of equipment, ahead of the grand event in China.
- Khan’s current training base is in Austria, where he is accompanied by his coach and physio.
Senior Chinese diplomat Zhang Ming takes charge of Secretary-General of SCO
China’s senior diplomat Zhang Ming has taken charge as the new Secretary-General of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in which India is a member.
- Zhang has taken charge from Vladimir Norov, former Foreign Minister of Uzbekistan from January 1 for a three-year term.
- He was until recently China’s ambassador to the European Union.
Centre announces 3rd National Water Awards 2020; In-state category UP awarded first prize
Uttar Pradesh has been awarded first prize in the state category of 3rd National Water Awards 2020. This follows Rajasthan occupying the 2nd place, while Tamil Nadu secured 3rd place.
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat declared the winners of the National Water Awards. The 57 awards were announced in 11 categories including Best States, District, Panchayat and Best Industries.
- National Water Awards were instituted to recognize and encourage exemplary work and efforts made by States, Districts, individuals and organizations across the country in attaining the government’s vision of a Jal Samridh Bharat.
Sidney Poitier, first black man to win Oscar for best actor, passes away
Sidney Poitier, the first Black man to win a Best Actor Oscar, has died. He was 94.
- In 1963, Poitier had made a film in Arizona, Lilies of the Field. The performance led to a huge milestone making him the first black winner of a lead-acting Oscar. He was awarded the US Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2009 by President Obama for his work.
26th December will be marked as Veer Baal Diwas: PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced that 26th December will be marked as Veer Baal Diwas.
- Mr. Modi said it will be a fitting tribute to the courage of the Sahibzades, the sons of Guru Gobind Singh and their quest for justice.
- Announcing this on the Parkash Purab of Guru Gobind Singh, Mr Modi said, Veer Baal Diwas will be on the same day Sahibzada Zorawar Singh and Sahibzada Fateh Singh attained martyrdom after being sealed alive in a wall. He said, these two greats preferred death instead of deviating from the noble principles of Dharma.