Daily Current Affairs 9 June 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
India gets its first Dinosaur Museum
India’s first Dinosaur Museum cum Park was inaugurated in Gujarat’s Mahisagar district and is set to give visitors the true Jurassic Park feel.
- The museum, which was inaugurated by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani at Raiyoli near Balasinor, will exhibit remains of various dinosaurs and fossil records.
- It has been claimed that it was the country’s first such museum and the world’s third park. Raiyoli is known to be the third largest dinosaur fossil site in the world, and also the second largest dinosaur hatchery in the world, where thousands of eggs had been found.
Indian construction market to grow by 7.1 per cent
Indian construction market is expected to grow on an average by 7.1% each year and it would become the third largest by 2025.
- This was presented by an arbitration panel comprising Professor Douglas Jones AO, a leading independent international commercial and investor-state arbitrator, and Professor Janet Walker, a reputed international dispute resolution specialist in Canada, in a panel discussion at the Nani Palkhiwala Arbitration Centre (NPAC).
Rohit Sharma becomes fastest Indian to score 2000 runs against Australia in ODIs
Rohit Sharma has become the fastest Indian to go past 2000-run mark against Australia in ODIs after he knocked 57 in the ongoing ICC Men’s World Cup match between the two sides at the Oval.
- Sharma took 37 innings to reach 2000-run milestone against Australia. He has gone past the legendary Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar.
Ashleigh defeats Vondrousova to win Women’s French Open title
Ashleigh Barty defeated 19-year-old Marketa Vondrousova 6-1, 6-3 in the final to lift the Women’s French Open title.
- As a result of this win, Barty has become the first Australian woman to win the French Open title since 1973.
PM Modi conferred with Maldives’ highest honour
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred with Nishan Izzuddeen, the Maldives’ highest honour accorded to foreign dignitaries, during his visit to the Island Nation.
- The Prime Minister is on a two-day bilateral visit to the Maldives, his first after assuming office for the second term.
Veteran journalist E Gopinath passes away at 88
Veteran journalist and Tamil Nadu Chief of news agency ANI E Gopinath passed away in Chennai. He was 88. One of the longest-serving journalists of Independent India, Gopinath started his career as a scribe around 60 years ago.
- He covered the first general elections in India after its independence for the Press Trust of India (PTI) and was active till the recently concluded general elections. He was the first Indian journalist to interview the revolutionary Che Guevara and Fidel Castro, who ruled Cuba for a long time.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs