Tajikistan President arrives in New Delhi after visiting Kochi
President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon arrived in New Delhi this afternoon after visiting Kochi. The visiting dignitary is on a five day visit to India from 14th of this month.
- This is the sixth visit of President Rahmon to India.
PM Narendra Modi approves cooperation between India and US on satellite data
The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the agreement for cooperation between Indian Space Research Organisation and United States Geological Survey for exchange and use of satellite data.
Govt plans to introduce ‘Zila Swachh Bharat Preraks’ in every district to boost Swachh Bharat mission
The Central government plans to deploy around 600 ”young professionals” in each district of the country to give a boost to the Swachh Bharat mission started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The professionals called “Zila Swachh Bharat Preraks (ZSBPs)” will provide their “technical and management support” to these districts “as they continue to make strides towards becoming Open Defecation Free,” said the press release issued by the government.
Water vending machines installed at 250 railway stations
Water vending machines have been installed at 250 major stations by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) to provide pure drinking water at nominal rates.
Minister of Railways launch the Campaign “Innovation Challenges for Indian Railways”
In order to call for innovative ideas from all citizens/ sections of the country, the Minister of Railways, Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu in a programme held at Rail Bhawan launched a campaign innovation challenges for Indian Railways in line with his Budget Announcement 2016-17.
Now, new email ID to report black money
Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia said – The Centre has set up a new email ID– [email protected] — to enable people to give information on black money to tax authorities.
- The information received on this email ID will be monitored by a cell of the income tax department and immediately acted upon.
‘Swasthya Raksha Programme’ launched by the AYUSH Ministry to promote health and health education in villages
Rajasthan launches Amma canteen-type meal scheme
On the lines of Amma canteens, Rajasthan government has launched a subsidised meal scheme in which the poor and the needy will get breakfast for Rs 5 and lunch or dinner for Rs 8. ‘Annapurna Rasoi’ was launched by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje at the Jaipur Municipal Corporation campus
- The tagline for Vasundhara Raje’s scheme, named Annapurna Rasoi Yojana, is: “Sabke liye bhojan, sabke liye sammaan (Food for all, respect for all)”.
Shri J P Nadda addresses 6th BRICS Health Ministers’ Meeting in New Delhi
100 Chinese firms take part in ‘Make in India’ event in China
About 100 Chinese firms took part in a ‘Make in India’ business forum organised by the Indian Consulate of Shanghai at Gaoyou town to attract investments.
- The ‘Make in India’ Business Forum focusing on the investment opportunities available in India for Chinese entrepreneurs was organised at Gaoyou, a county-level industrial hub.
India tops Asia in innovation chart
India has emerged as the most preferred destination for innovation in Asia and third biggest globally, with ‘Silicon Valley’ of East Bengaluru leading the charge, says a research by global consulting major Capgemini.
- “India has been ranked as the No. 1 innovation destination in Asia and No. 2 in the world for new innovation centres,” the report said.
NITI Aayog announces cash awards totalling Rs 340 cr to spur digital payments
- Beginning December 25, the government will give away daily, weekly and mega cash rewards totalling Rs 340 crore to consumers as well as merchants to promote digital payments.
- CEO of NITI Aayog, Amitabh Kant termed it a Christmas gift to the country and said the first draw will happen on December 25 and the mega draw on April 14 – the birth anniversary of B R Ambedkar.
- National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) will announce 15,000 winners of Rs 1,000 each for the next 100 days, starting December 25.
- There will be 7,000 weekly awards each for consumers and merchants.
- The focus of Lucky Grahak and Digi Dhan Yojana is on the poor, the middle-class and small businesses so as to make them part of the digital payment revolution.
Andhra Pradesh records 5% more growth than all India rate
Andhra Pradesh has registered 5 per cent more growth in comparison to all India growth rate, this was revealed at a meeting held with Principal Secretaries, Secretaries and Heads of various departments during which Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu discussed the achievements of the first half during the year 2016-17.
ICFA presents ‘Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016’ to Ratan Tata
Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) presented ‘Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016’ to Tata Sons interim Chairman Ratan Tata in Mumbai.
Arnab Goswami to launch new venture called Republic
Senior journalist and former television news anchor Arnab Goswami resigned as Editor-in-Chief of Times Now in November. Now he has announced that he will be back with a new venture named Republic.
Alphabet’s Larry Page named the world’s most powerful CEO
Google‘s parent company Alphabet’s CEO Larry Page added another crown to his illustrious career when he was named the named the world’s most powerful CEO by Forbes.
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg and Amazon’s Jeff Bezos have been ranked second and third respectively.