Government forms high-level task force on Indus Water Treaty
The government has formed an inter-ministerial task force, to be headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Principal Secretary Nripendra Mishra, to look into all the strategic aspects of Indus Water Treaty (IWT) with Pakistan.
Lanura first in Jammu and Kashmir to go cashless
Lanura village, in central Kashmir’s Budgam district has become the first village in Jammu and Kashmir to go cashless
Himachal Pradesh CM launches ‘CM Startup Scheme’ for industries
Himachal Pradesh CM Virbhadra Singh launched ‘CM’s Startup Scheme’, seeking to exempt the new units from inspection for upto three years.
- Chief Minister said that in order to promote new ideas, products and processes suitable for commercialization and industry, the Government will provide liberal assistance to incubator organizations designed to promote growth of start–up units and having physical space, coaching and mentoring facilities and Rs 30 lakh per incubator per year upto a period of three years will be provided for this purpose.
Uttarkhand govt employees to get 7th Pay Commission hike from Jan 1
Ahead of the Uttarakhand assembly elections next year, the state government has decided to implement recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission from January 1.
CM inaugurates Karnataka’s first Air Ambulance service
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah inaugurated Karnataka’s first air ambulance service at HAL airport in the state capital, Bengaluru.
Cyber crime police station opens in Shimla
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh digitally inaugurated the state’s first cyber crime police station at the police headquarters from his office in Shimla.
City corporation to receive Digital India Silver Award
The Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation has been selected for Digital India Award instituted by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The corporation will receive the Digital India Silver Award in the category of “Most Innovative Citizen Engagement” and also installing and implementing free WiFi Scheme in its various offices.
Salman Khan new face of anti-open defecation drive
Bollywood actor Salman Khan met Municipal Commissioner Ajoy Mehta on Saturday to promote the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation’s efforts to set up toilets at 118 locations in the city aiming to make Mumbai free of open defecation.
YES Bank, Ola tie up to provide cash at your doorstep
YES Bank, India’s fifth largest private sector bank has partnered with Ola, one of the popular mobile apps for transportation, to provide cash-on-demand at customer’s doorstep.
- Earlier Yes Bank had tied up with Grofers to provide cash-on-demand at customer’s doorstep.
Kolkata to get country’s largest indoor stadium
Kolkata may soon get one of the largest indoor sports arenas of the country with a capacity to accommodate up to 15,400 people.
- With this capacity, the arena, which is proposed to come up in the New Town area, will be larger than Indira Gandhi Arena or Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi, which has a capacity to accommodate 14,348 spectators at one go
Dr Raghunath Mashelkar becomes first Indian to be elected NAI fellow
In a rare honour, eminent Indian scientist Dr Raghunath Mashelkar has been elected as a fellow of US National Academy of Inventors (NAI).
- He is the first ever Indian working in India to be elected as a fellow of NAI.
Priyanka Chopra beats Jennifer Aniston, Leonardo Di Caprio in IMDb’s most popular celebrities’ list
As per the latest IMDb’s most popular celeb list, Priyanka has found an impressive ranking and seems to have jumped way ahead of even the biggest Hollywood names.
- She has just taken the world by storm by acquiring a spot at 55 on the much coveted ranking and has managed to beat some very popular Hollywood biggies like Jennifer Aniston, Emma Watson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp and Scarlett Johansson, among others.
Noted economist Saumitra Chaudhuri passes away
Noted economist and former Planning Commission member Saumitra Chaudhuri passed away
India lift Men’s Junior Hockey World Cup title beating Belgium 2-1
India has lifted Men’s Junior Hockey World Cup, in the final match played at Lucknow Indian team defeated Belgium by 2-1