Chitra Ramkrishna quits as NSE CEO
In a surprise move, Chitra Ramkrishna quit as Managing Director and CEO of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) with immediate effect presumably over differences with some board members, after having served the premier bourse for over two decades since its inception.
I-T dept finds Rs 1.64 crore undisclosed income in Jan Dhan accounts
The Income Tax department has detected undisclosed monies of Rs 1.64 crore and other “inconsistencies” in its countrywide investigations into the sudden popping up of suspicious amounts in Jan Dhan accounts.
First in country’s history: Delhi Legislative Assembly inquiry panel opens doors to media
For the first time in the country, proceedings of a special inquiry committee appointed by the Delhi Legislative Assembly will be opened to the media. The committee has been probing the alleged irregularities and corruption in bodies administering the games of cricket and hockey in the national capital.
National Green Tribunal bans disposable plastic in Delhi
The National Green Tribunal banned the use of disposable plastic in Delhi and NCR with effect from January 1, 2017 and directed the city government to take steps to reduce dumped waste.
- However, the bench refused to shut down the Okhla waste-to-energy plant and issued a slew of directions for its eco-friendly operation.
Vijayawada Parliamentary constituency becomes first to have health insurance for all
Vijayawada Parliamentary constituency comprising 265 villages in Andhra Pradesh became the first area in the country to have health insurance for all from a new born to senior citizens.
- The ‘Swastha Kutambham’ health insurance scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh Government in association with Tata Trusts covers health for all in the rural areas, and was introduced recently in the villages under Vijayawada MP Constituency.
Iran willing to mediate in Kashmir issue if both India and Pakistan wants so
Heart Of Asia Conference Begins With Focus On Tackling Terror In Region
- The main conference will be inaugurated jointly by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani tomorrow.
India, Afghanistan plan air cargo link over Pakistan
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani and Prime Minister Narendra Modi met in the city of Amritsar, Punjab for the Heart of Asia conference aimed at stabilising Afghanistan.
Kolkata receives best cities award for tackling climate change
Kolkata is the only Indian city to receive the prestigious award. It received the award during the C40 Mayors Summit held in Mexico City.
Delhi Airport world’s 22nd most connected: Report
The Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi is the 22nd most connected airport in the world, according to air travel intelligence company OAG.
- OAG’s 2016 Megahubs Index has been topped by Chicago Airport in the United States.
Centre approves inclusion of 15 new castes in OBC list
The Centre has approved the inclusion of 15 new castes and the modification in 13 other castes in the Central list of Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
RBI defers deployment of Aadhaar based PoS terminals till June of next year
The Reserve Bank of India has deferred the mandatory implementation of Aadhar enabled Point of Sale terminals by six months to June accepting that capacity to produce such machines is scarce and it could result in the slowing down of deployment of payment terminals.
- It has been decided to extend the time for deployment of Aadhaar-enabled devices till June 30, 2017.
Usain Bolt wins IAAF World Athlete of the Year award for a record sixth time
Nine-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt has won the IAAF male Athlete of the Year award for a record sixth time.
International Day of Persons with Disabilities: December 3
International Day of Persons with Disabilities is being observed today.
- The day aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of differently-abled persons.
- The theme this year is, ‘Achieving 17 Goals for the Future We Want’.