PM Modi inaugurated Heart of Asia Ministerial Conference in Amritsar
PM Modi jointly inaugurated the sixth Heart of Asia Ministerial Conference in Amritsar with Afghan President Ashraf Ghani.
- The theme for this year’s conference is ‘Addressing Challenges, Achieving Prosperity’.
- Heart of Asia process was launched in 2011 from Istanbul.
India to train Qatar police to host FIFA World Cup 2022
The training arrangement was agreed upon during a meeting between Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al Thani and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
NGO Sulabh launches rural sanitation campaign in UP
Taking a major step towards rural sanitation, founder of Sulabh sanitation movement Bindeshwar Pathak launched an intensive campaign to ensure toilet for every household in the country by 2019.
- Launching the special campaign ‘Sulabh towards villages’, Pathak, who is also Brand Ambassador of ‘Rail Swachch Mission’ dedicated five toilets to poor families in Ithara village in Jaunpur district.
Rajasthan govt to introduce mobile app for immediate response in road accidents
Amid concerns over rising death toll in road accidents, Rajasthan government is set to introduce a mobile application called ‘Hamsafar’ that intends to reduce the casualties by half by 2020.
Government and UNICEF to conduct first ever national survey to measure nutrition levels of children
As per the survey, data is being collected to quantify deficiencies of micro nutrients, vitamin and mineral as well as worm infestation among children.
- According to UNICEF, the findings of the exercise will start trickling in early next year.
Shri Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurates Petrotech – 2016 Exhibition
Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the Petrotech 2016 Exhibition at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The Petrotech 2016 main Conference is scheduled to be inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi on 5th December, 2016.
- The theme of the conference is “Hydrocarbons to fuel the future – Choices & Challenges”
Kannur to observe ‘plastic hartal’
Giving the word ‘hartal’ a positive twist, the district administration and the panchayat called for a plastic ‘hartal’ on December 8.
- The day will mark the district-level inauguration of the Haritha Keralam mission.
- The hartal call is a continuation of the campaign against plastic carry bags.
IB Director says ‘no’ to extension
Dineshwar Sharma, a 1979-batch IPS officer of Kerala cadre was appointed in 2014 as Director, Intelligence Bureau (IB) for a fixed tenure of two years by the NDA government. He retires on December 31.
- He has turned down the government’s offer for an extension.
Hailakhandi first in Assam to pay tea workers via bank account
Following demonetisation of Rs 500 and 1000 currency notes from November 9, Assam government had set December 15 as the deadline for cashless transactions to tea plantation workers.
- Hailakandi has become the first district in Assam to pay wages to tea garden workers through individual bank accounts before the December 15.
Nepali students protest ‘Indian intervention in Constitution’
A group of Nepali students from a sister organisation of the main opposition party CPN-UML protested in front of the Indian embassy Kathmandu, accusing the Prachanda government of making efforts to amend the Constitution under India’s influence.
RBI to soon issue Rs 20, Rs 50 notes
The Reserve Bank of India will shortly issue new notes of Rs 50 and Rs 20.
- The Rs 50 notes will be without inset letter in both the number panel while the Rs 20 notes will have inset letter ‘L’ in both the number panels, bearing signature of Urjit R Patel, Governor, Reserve Bank of India, and the year of printing ‘2016’ printed on the reverse of side.
- Old notes will remain valid.
Income Disclosure Scheme (IDS) bags Rs 67,382 crore unaccounted money
After final reconciliation, the revised figure of actual declarations received and taken on record was Rs 67,382 crore which had been made by 71,726 declarants.
- IDS ended on September, 2016.
India takes pride of place, crosses $300 billion FDI milestone
India crossed the USD 300 billion foreign direct investment (FDI) milestone between April 2000 and September 2016, firmly establishing its credentials as a safe investment destination in the world.
Former MP governor Bhai Mahavir no more
India defeat Pakistan to lift Women’s T20 Asia Cup
India won their sixth Asia Cup in a row when the women’s side beat Pakistan by 17 runs in the final.
Magnus Carlsen wins third world chess title
Carlsen of Norway sealed victory following three weeks of play and a series of tiebreakers in New York.
Indian Navy Day: December 4
The day is observed on 4th of December every year to celebrate the magnificence, achievements and role of the naval force to the country.