Post notes ban, card transactions shot up by 90% in Q3 FY17
Post demonetisation, the card-based transactions has risen up to 90 per cent of total sales in third quarter of 2016-17, India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) said.
Sebi lowers broker fees by 25%; goes digital on all payments
To reduce overall cost of transactions, Sebi decided to lower broker fees by 25 per cent to Rs 15 per transaction of Rs 1 crore as part of calibration of various other fees collected by the regulator from different market intermediaries.
- The Sebi board has decided to give an option to all market intermediaries and companies to make their regulatory payments in digital mode.
App named ‘SEZ India’ launched by Commerce Ministry
Commerce Secretary launched the app ‘SEZ India’ and mentioned that the App would help the Special Economic Zones (SEZ) Units and Developers to find information easily and track their transactions on SEZ Online System.
BSF launches operation ‘Sard Hawa’ at Rajasthan border
Border Security Force (BSF) launched operation ‘Sard Hawa’ at the western international border of Rajasthan. The operation will continue till January 28.
- The purpose of the operation is to keep a hawk’s eye on the international border, where vigil has been beefed-up and officers have also been asked to be part of operation to motivate jawans.
Gujarati teen signs Rs 5-crore MoU for drones
Harshwardhan Zala, 14, signed a deal with the Department of Science and Technology, Government of Gujarat, to facilitate production of the drones that help detect and defuse land mines on war fields.
- Zala said he started work on the prototype of the landmine-detecting drone in 2016 and created a business plan too.
- While the teen’s parents shelled out approximately Rs 2 lakh for the first two prototypes, he was granted Rs 3 lakh from the state for the third prototype.
Digital Dakiya scheme inaugurated in MP to encourage cashless transactions
In Madhya Pradesh Indore district witnessed inauguration of first of its kind scheme of the country. Digital Dakiya, which aims at encouraging cashless transactions.
- “Digital Dakiya” or Digital Postman will visit different places to teach and encourage people about cashless transactions and its benefits.
Sports Minister Vijay Goel inaugurates Khelo India competitions
Sports Minister Vijay Goel inaugurated the Khelo India National-level competitions for various sports for Under-14 and Under-17 children in New Delhi.
Third National conference “Jal Manthan-III” held in New Delhi.
With a view to have wider consultations among various stakeholders to brain-storm new ideas for solutions to various issues of water sector the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation organized the third National conference called “Jal Manthan-III” in New Delhi.
Prasar Bharti hosts First ABU International Television Dance Festival in Hyderabad
The first edition of Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) International Television Dance Festival held in Hyderabad; the city with royal patronage for arts, literature and architecture, on January 15. Prasar Bharati hosted the event.
- The Dance Festival is conceptualised so as to bring the cultural diversities from across the world into limelight, by breaking cultural barriers.
Rajeev Singh to take charge as interim CEO of Prasar Bharti
Rajeev Singh, Member (Finance) in Prasar Bharati Board, will take charge as interim CEO of the public broadcaster after S C Panda retires in February.
Tanzania’s Simbu, Kenya’s Kitur win Mumbai Marathon
Tanzania’s Alphonce Simbu won the men’s elite full marathon event while Kenya’s Bornes Kitur bagged the women’s title at the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon