India ranks fourth globally in wind power installation: Economic Survey
India has attained the fourth position globally in installed wind power capacity after China, US and Germany as a result of various steps in the “right” direction, the Economic Survey said.
Govt revises GDP growth to 7.9 per cent in 2015/16
Government has marginally revised upwards GDP growth for 2015-16 to 7.9 per cent from the earlier estimate of 7.6 per cent after factoring in latest data on agriculture and industrial production.
Indian economy to grow 7-7.5 per cent in FY’18: Arvind Panagariya
Niti Aayog vice-chairman Arvind Panagariya expressed hope that the economic growth in the next fiscal year would be in the range of 7-7.5 per cent.
18 lakh taxpayers to get Income Tax notices to explain large deposits
Commencing the process of crackdown on large deposits made after November 8, the Income Tax Department has identified 18 lakh taxpayers who will be served notices seeking explanation within 10 days.
- The process has been labelled as “Operation Clean Money” (initiated by Income Tax Department (ITD)), in which data analytics has been made use of to analyse the data received between November 9 and December 30, 2016, Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia told.
Google to assist Karnataka government with tools to collect, analyze health data
The Karnataka government is roping in private organizations to develop e-healthcare in the state.
- Google came up with the proposal of working on a larger software program under which e-health programmes will be able to interact with each other with the help of such apps.
Rs 1500 crore defence unit to be set up in Morena district of MP
The Defence Ministry would be setting up its unit of national importance in Madhya Pradesh at Morena district’s Kailaras and Sabalgarh tehsil areas. The Defence Ministry would spend Rs 1500 crore on the proposed unit
Lucideus declared the best IT Startup by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Lucideus, an IT Risk Assessment and Digital Security Services provider, was declared the best IT Startup of India at the National Entrepreneurship Awards held on January 30, 2017 at the DRDO auditorium in New Delhi.
- The annual awards are organised by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
RSDC, Hindustan University tie-up for Skilling in Rubber
Rubber Skill Development Council (RSDC), the sector skill council for Rubber sector in India, has joined hands with Hindustan University, Chennai for imparting programmes in Rubber Technology.
Arnab Goswami’s Republic changes its name
Arnab Goswami, the renowned news anchor and current managing director and editor-in-chief of newly launched ARG Outlier Media, has changed the name of his proposed news channel ‘Republic’ to ‘Republic TV’.
- The move comes after Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) parliamentarian Subramanian Swamy voiced his opinion against usage of the word ‘Republic’ by Goswami’s firm.
Anil Ambani’s Reliance Defence Bags Rs 916 Crore Contract from Indian Coast Guard to build 14 Fast Patrol Ships
Reliance Defence and Engineering Ltd (RDEL) has signed Rs 916 crore contract with Defence Ministry for design and construction of 14 fast patrol vessels for Indian Coast Guard.
- This is the first time a private sector shipyard has been awarded a contract to design and build such class of ships for Indian Armed Forces.
Uber partners with Cleartrip in India
Uber is teaming up with Cleartrip in India, and both platforms will have features from each other’s service. For starters, Uber riders will now be able to receive recommendations from the Cleartrip website.
Dubai launches programme to promote trade with India
In a bid to promote bilateral trade relations with India, Dubai’s Department of Economic Development has launched a programme ‘Buyer Protection Programme’.
- The programme allows commercial disputes to be resolved quickly and at minimal costs.
Dushyant Chautala is new TTFI president
Dushyant Chautala was elected as president of the Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) at the annual general body meeting held at Gurugram.
Ireland votes in favour of law to become world’s first country to fully divest from fossil fuels
The bill, is likely to pass into law in the next few months after it is reviewed by the financial committee.