Directions (1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow:
The following bar graph shows the production of egg (in lakh tones) by three different farms A, B and in the given the years.
- In which year the percentage of production of farm B to the production of farm A is maximum?
In 2011= (80/60)*100=133.3%
In 2012= (45/65)*100=69.2%
In 2013= (65/50)*100=130%
In 2014= (65/55)*100=118.2%
In 2015= (55/70)*100=78.5%
- What is the difference between the production of farm A in 2012 and farm B in 2011?
Required difference= 80 lakh tones- 65 lakh tones
= 15 lakh tones
- What is the ratio of the average production of farm C in the period 2011-2014 to the average production of farm A in the same period?
49: 3551: 4649: 4447: 4649: 46Option E
Total production in the given period of farm A = 60 + 65 + 50 + 55
Required average production of farm A = 230/4 = 57.5
Total production in the given period of farm C = 55 + 75 + 70 + 45 = 245
Required average production of farm C = 245/4 = 61.25
Required ratio = 61.25: 57.5
= 49: 46
- The average production for five years was Maximum for which farm?
ABCnoneA and BOption B
Average production of farm A in the given period= (60+65+50+55+70)/5
Average production of farm B in the given period= (80+45+65+65+55)/5
Average production of farm C in the given period= (55+75+70+45+60)/5
Thus the farm B has the maximum average
- What is the approximate percentage increase in the production of farm C from 2011 to 2013?
Required percentage increase from 2011 to 2013 = [(70 – 55)/55] * 100
= 15/55 * 100
- If the average SP of things II in all the malls is Rs 2568, Find the MP of things II.
Rs 1600Rs 2600Rs 3600Rs 4600Rs 5600Option C
SP by store A = (100-28)/100 * MP = 72% of MP, by B = 82% of MP, by C = 60% of MP
So (72+82+60)/3 * MP/100 = 2568
Solve, MP = Rs 3600
- Difference between SP of things I by malls A and B is Rs 486, Find the SP of same things by store C.
Rs 4104Rs 4100Rs 3104Rs 4004Rs 1104Option A
Difference in SP = 93% of MP – 84% of MP
So 9% of MP = 486
Solve, MP = 5400
So SP by store C = 76% of 5400 = Rs 4104
- Average SP of things III by malls A and B is Rs 3608, by malls B and C is Rs 3300. Find the SP of things III by store C.
Rs 1080Rs 2080Rs 3080Rs 4080Rs 5080Option C
Let x% discount by store B
So [84 + (100-x)]/2*100 * MP = 3608
And [70 + (100-x)]/2*100 * MP = 3300
Put value of (100-x) from 1 equation to another and solve for MP
MP = Rs 4400
So SP by store C = 70/100 * 4400 = Rs 3080
- Mall A earned 10% profit by selling product V. If CP of things V at all mall is same then find the ratio of profits by B and C in selling V.
9 : 149 : 199 : 159 : 139 : 17Option A
MP = x
SP by A = 88% of x
So CP by A = 100/110 * 88/100 *x = 4x/5
Now CP is same
SP by B = 89x/100, so profit of B = 89x/100 – 4x/5 = 9x/100
SP by C = 94x/100, so profit of B = 94x/100 – 4x/5 = 14x/100
So required ratio = 9 : 14
- What is the ratio between the selling price of artice II at mall A and mall B?
So required ratio is 5 : 6
SP of things II at store A= (100-28)%MP= 72%MP
SP of things II at stire B= (100-18)= 82%MP
Required ratio= 72%MP/82%MP= 72/82=36/41
Directions (6-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow:
The table shows the discount % given by malls on different items. The Market Price of all things in all malls is the same. Some values are missing.