Data Interpretation Questions (DI) for IBPS PO 2017, IBPS PO, NIACL, NICL, SBI PO RBI Grade B, Dena Bank PO PGDBF, BOI, Bank of Baroda and other competitive exams.
Direction (1-5): Study the following information and answer the questions that follow:
A construction company has completed the construction of a hall of inner dimension 30 m × 20 m × 10 m (L × B × H). The thickness of each of the four wall and the roof is 1 m. Now the work of cementing the floor of the hall and covering the walls inside and outside with tiles is left. Dimension of each tile is 1 m × 1 m.
The construction company has 4 workers A, B, C and D for this work of cementing and tiling. Each worker works for 8 hours in a day. And also each worker is specialized in one area which is given in the table below. Worker gets different wage for the work that he is specialized in and the work in which he is not specialized. For each day the wage of the worker is fixed. They are paid this fixed amount even if they do only a fraction of the work that they are supposed to do on that day. The data about Number of tiles that a worker can put in 1 hour and the area that a worker can cement in 1 hour is given in the table below along with their wages.
If a worker does both the work of cementing and tiling in the same day, he will be paid the full wage for both the work by the company. Using the above given data answer the questions that follow.
- C and D started to cement the floor of the hall. What total wage will the construction company have to pay them together after the work gets completed?
A) Rs 4,500
B) Rs 4,200
C) Rs 4,000
D) Rs 3,800
E) Rs 3,000
- A and B started the tiling work of walls of two adjacent sides of the inner side fo the hall. Find the total wage that the construction company has to pay to A and B together after the work is completed.
A) Rs 3,000
B) Rs 3,100
C) Rs 2,000
D) Rs 2,100
E) Rs 2,500
- After the work given in question 2, is completed, A and B started the tiling work of remaning two adjacent walls of the inner hall. A started tiling the wall with greater area and B started the tiling work of wall with lesser area. After 1 day they exchanged their work and A started tiling the wall with lesser area and B started tiling the wall with greater area and completed the remaining work. What amount of money will the construction company have to pay to A and B together for this work?
A) Rs 1,600
B) Rs 1,800
C) Rs 2,100
D) Rs 2,000
E) Rs 2,500
- B and C started the tiling work of one of the wall of the outer side of the hall. The number of tiles required for the side is less than 300. On day 2, D also joined them and hence B, C and D worked together to complete the work. Find the total wage that the construction company has to pay B,C and D together.
A) Rs 800
B) Rs 700
C) Rs 900
D) Rs 1,000
E) Rs 1,200
- The roof of the hall i.e the top surface area of the hall (outer side) is to be cemented and due to the warm weather outside the efficiency of workers gets halved. B, C and D started to cement the roof. When the work gets completed, B, C and D will get the wage for how many days?
Direction (6-8): Study the following information and answer the questions that follow:
There are five people A, B , C , D and E. The table below shows the number of days taken by them to complete the work. Study the table and answer the questions that follows:
- C worked for 2 days and the remaining work was completed by B in 12 days. Find the number of days that B and E will together take to complete the same work if E takes 4 days more than B to complete the full work.
A) 7 (7/9) days
B) 8 (8/9) days
C) 8 (5/9) days
D) 7 (4/9) days
E) 8 (4/9) days
- B takes 25% less time than E to complete the full work. B worked for some days and left the work and E took the work and worked for 1 more day than the number of days for which B did the work. After this E also left the work. Still 3/5 of the remained incomplete. If E takes 5 more days than B to complete the work, then find the number of days for which E worked.
- To complete the work A worked for 2 days and C worked for 4 days. Remaining work was done by B and G. The ratio of days for which A and B worked is 1:2. Also B can alone complete the work in 20 days and G can alone complete the work in 10 days. Find the total number of days taken to complete the work.
A) 10 days
B) 9 days
C) 12 days
D) 13 days
E) 11 days
Directions (9-10): There are 3 bags containing 3 colored balls – Black, Green and White.
Bag 1 contains: 15 black balls. Probability of drawing a white ball is 2/5. The ratio of number of green ball to the number of white ball is 3:4.
Bag 2 contains: Number of black balls and number of white balls are equal. Number of green ball is 4/5th of the number of green ball in bag 1. The probability of black ball is 5/14
Bag 3 contains: Number of Black Balls is (1/3)rd of the total number of black balls in Bag 1 and Bag 2 together. Number of Green ball is half of the number of white ball in bag 1. The probability of drawing a white ball is 3/7
- If one ball is drawn from bag 1 and 1 ball is drawn from bag 3. Find the probability the these are green ball.
- N black balls are transferred from bag 1 to bag 3 and (N-2) green balls are transferred from bag 3 to bag 1. One ball is picked from bag 3 and the probability that it is green is 7/37. Find N.