Directions (1-3): Read the following information to answer the questions:
Rahul leaves his house and goes straight 20 km to point Q, then turns right and goes 10 km to reach point R. He then turns left and goes 30 km to reach point S and finally turns right and starts walking.
- If Rahul is finally moving in the south direction, then in which direction did he start his walk (Journey)?
WestEastNorthSouthSouth EastOption B
- What is the shortest distance between point Q and point S?
5 km4√10 km6 km10√10 kmNone of theseOption D
- What is the shortest distance between point R and Rahul’s house?
8 km10√10 km5√5 km10√5 kmNone of theseOption D
- What is the direction of Shruti at the final position with respect to her initial position?
EastSouthNorth EastWestNorth WestOption E
- If Shruti walks a distance of 4 m in east direction from her final position, then how far is Shruti from her initial position?
2 m3 m4 m6 mNone of theseOption C
- In which direction Rahul’s home is located from the Rahul’s starting point?
WestNorth EastSouth WestEastNone of theseOption D
- What was the total distance covered by Rahul to reach his home?
85 km80 km95 km90 km105 kmOption D
- What is the direction of Himani’s initial point (position) with respect to her final point?
North WestSouth EastSouth WestNorthEastOption B
- If Himani walks a distance of 2 m towards south from her final position, then what is the shortest distance between her new position to her initial position?
5 m1 m4 m2 m6 mOption D
- Mahesh starts walking in north direction from point Y, after walking 5 km he takes left turn and walks some distance to reach at point Z. After that he takes 45 degree right turn and walks 13 km to reach at point N. Point O is 5 km west of point Z. N and O are in a straight line. What is the shortest distance between point Y and point Z?
14 km20 km40 kmCannot be determinedNone of theseOption D
Directions (4-5): Read the following information and answer the questions:
Shruti starts walking towards east direction. After walking 15 m she turns towards north and walks 8 m. Now she turns to the west and walks 18 m. From there she turns to her left and walks 5 m. Now, again turns to her left and walks 3 m. From there she turns to her right and walks 2 m. Now she turns to her right and moves 8 m and then turns to her right and walks 3 m. Finally turns to her right and walks 4 m and reached the final position.
Directions (6-7): Study the following information and answer the questions:
Rahul walked 30 km towards North and then took a right turn and walked 20 km. He again took a right turn and walked 30 km. Finally he took a left turn and after walking 10 km reached his home.
Directions (8-9): Study the following information and answer the questions:
Himani started walking 2 m in south direction then takes three consecutive left turns and walked distances 3 m,4 m,5 m respectively.
One Thought to “Reasoning: Direction Sense Questions Set 14”
Excellent read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile Therefore let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!