Directions: In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.
- (A) The oil has risen sharply recently weeks /(B) leading to renewed forecasts /(C) of a sustained bull market in the /(D) price of the commodity.
recently = in recent
- (A) The oil rally has even sharper from its june low of a little below $45, /(B) from where the commodity has rallied more than 40% /(C) to reach its current price, with some experts saying the ongoin /(D)g rally could portend even higher prices in the coming months.
rally has been even;
- (A) Preliminary figures showed /(B) uniform voting close to /(C) the same mark throughout districts with Kullu district registering /(D) the highest turn-out of nearly 78%.
throughout = across
- (A) The city needs an airport /(B) that can efficiently /(C) manage a constantly flow of /(D) passangers and flights.
- (A) Everyone likes to work under /(B) perfect conditions but if that cannot be created then one should learn to /(C) adapt and adjust with ease /(D) to ensure that the work is not affected.
- (A) If we want to acquire experience /(B) we have to swim to learn ourselves /(C) instead just collecting pearls /(D) of wisdom through reading books.
- (A) It is better to be one’s own /(B) master and live an austere life /(C) than to pledge one’s soul to /(D) someone for material comforts.
to someone else
- (A) What is the point of being /(B) witty if the very purpose is lost /(C) on the audience /(D) and the reader?
point of being = always witty point in being = particular situation
- (A) There is a pleasure unique in /(B) itself in being an architect /(C) of one’s destiny, which /(D) a life of servitude can never promise.
one’s own destiny
- (A) Just as a book is not judged /(B) by cover, similarly an /(C) attractive face is no guarantee /(D) of a beautiful heart.
by its cover,
One Thought to “English: Error Spotting for Upcoming Exams – Set 147”
I would love to add that when you do not currently have an insurance policy or perhaps you do not form part of any group insurance, you might well reap the benefits of seeking aid from a health insurance professional. Self-employed or people having medical conditions usually seek the help of an health insurance agent. Thanks for your blog post.