Directions: In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.
- (A) India has a long history of /(B) conservation with national parks /(C) and protect areas springing /(D) up as early as 1935.
protect = protected = adjective
- (A) In 1849, a poor Bavarian immigrant named Levi Strauss landed in /(B) San Francisco, California, at the invitation of his brother-in-law, David Stem /(C) owner of dry goods business. This dry goods /(D) business would later became known as Levi Strauss and company.
- (A) Ceasefire violations by Pakistan and casualties /(B) on the Indian side of the Line of Control /(C) and the Internatonal border/(D) has come down after the surgical strikes by India.
has come down = have come down
- (A) Aadhar may became the only card /(B) required to identify a person, /(C) replacing voter ID and/(D) PAN, said the Finance Minister.
became = become
- (A) Hopeful of the GST rollout from July 1, /(B) the Finance Minister said it will create one of the /(C) World single markets /(C) make commodities /(D) cheaper and tax evasion difficult.
- (A) The government has time and again prodded PSUs /(B) to pay liberal dividends and also asked them to step up capital spending, /(C) in order to boost economic growth. In 2017-18, /(D) resources from public enterprises were estimated at ₹3.85 lakh crore, which was then raised to ₹4.76 lakh crore in the Revised Estimates.
- (A) While conceding that the government has to fund its fiscal deficit /(B) and need resources, another expert said that ideally the funds from dividend should be used only for select /(C) purposes such as the social sector,/(D) research and development and project expansion.
- (A) The development comes /(B) even as the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal on Tuesday /(C) directed the creditors and the /(D) company to consider an amicable settlement on the issue.
- (A) The case will test the new insolvency rules because it places the lenders /(B) in a dilemma. While it will be beneficial for creditors to accept UltraTech Cement’s higher offer, it will raise doubts over the entire insolvency /(C) resolution process if counter-bids are allowed /(D) through bilateral agreements.
over = on
- (A) The Trump administration has clamped down on H-1B visa applications as part of /(B) several measures to scaling back immigration. /(C) Last week, the USCIS warned foreign workers that multiple H-1B /(D) applications would lead to a rejection of the petitions.
to scaling = to scale