Directions: In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.
- (A) Beatings and deaths triggered by false incendiary messages in India, /(B) WhatsApp’s biggest market with more than 200 million users, /(C) caused a public relation nightmare, sparking calls /(D) from authorities for immediate action.
relation = relations
- (A) During the week, it aims to publish similar advertisements in /(B) regional dailies in India, from the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Rajasthan /(C) in the west to the most populous state of Uttar Pradesh in the north, /(D) it added.
in = across India
- (A) The Prakash Javadekar-led HRD ministry, however, strongly feels that it is imperative to retain /(B) certain provisions in the IIM Rules to ensure that “checks and balances’ are built, ET has learnt. /(C) The issue was discussed threadbare at a meeting earlier this month with the PMO raising several questions on fees, the signing of MoU by each /(D) IIM and the removal of the board of governors’ (BoG) chairperson.
built in = forming an integral part of a structure.
- (A) While the HRD ministry feels this caveat is necessary keeping the interest of students in mind, /(B) the PMO thinks that a natural check will come if an IIM imposes an unreasonably high fee, /(C) as than lesser number of students will opt for that institute. IIM fee has also been a politically sensitive issue for years now with a controversy /(D) breaking out in 2004 during the first term of NDA government when then HRD minister Murli Manohar Joshi slashed the fee.
than = then
- (A) The singular expectation from university education is guaranteed employability and, thus, /(B) a return on investment. When this fails to happen, /(C) it is because the quality of education does not /(D) respond to market demand.
- (A) The surgeon can now carry out the most complex procedures with far greater skill, /(B) precision and dexterity. Robotics, similarly, are being used in the construction industry /(C) and it is argued that with robotic systems, output would be much more /(D) consistent accompanied by higher quality, speed and efficiency.
- (A) A five-judge constitution bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra /(B) said it will also examine the correctness of its 2013 /(C) verdict that has set aside the Delhi High Court /(D) judgement decriminalising gay sex.
has = had, the sentence is in past; we cant use the present form in any way.
- (A) Section 377 refers to ‘unnatural offences’ and says whoever voluntarily has carnal inter course /(B) against the order of nature with any man, woman or animal, should be punished with imprisonment for life, /(C) or with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to 10 years, /(D) and shall also be liable to pay a fine.
should = shall
- (A) Apart from a quiet evening walk, soon you could also enjoy motor sports near the Marine drive area in Mumbai /(B) as government is planning to develop Marine Drive area as one of the world’s top water sports /(C) destination with events like Formula 1 racing and Grad Prix happening at regular intervals. To boost cruise tourism in the country, /(D) the government is planning to develop Mumbai like the hub of cruise tourism in the country, under which areas like Marine Drive, KanhojiAngre Island, Mandwa, Alibaug.
like = as
- (A) Bollywood will be allowed to shoot at the Mumbai Port. /(C) Travel agencies will publicize Mumbai-Goa cruise and the Floating Restaurant at Gateway of India /(C) and GirgaumChowpatty as tourist attractions for people of Mumbai and outside. /(D) Mumbai will also be highlighted among foreigners as an attractive wedding destination.