Directions (1-10): In the following question, one part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘(E)No Error’.
- We are yet starting (A) / offering this facility to (B) / our customers as we are (C) / awaiting approval from the Board. (D) / No error (E).
Replace we are yet starting by we are yet to start.
- The Chairmen of all large (A) / public sector banks met with (B) / senior RBI officials to give its (C) / suggestions about implementing the new policy. (D) / No error (E).
Replace its by their.
- They have not fully considered (A) / the impact that relaxing (B) / these guidelines is likely (C)/ to have with the economy (D) / No error (E)
Replace “to have with” the economy by “to have on” the economy.
- Had this notification (A) / been amended earlier, (B) / we could have stopped (C) / the transfer of funds. (D) / No error (E)
- There are many insurance (A) / disputes now-a-days because of (B) / most people do not fully (C) / understand the terms and conditions of their policies (D) / No error (E)
Replace “disputes now a days because of “by “disputes now a days because”. It is superfluous to use preposition ”of” as subordinate clause follows.
- India needs a value education system (A) / who will inculcate values (B) / among the students and (C) / enrich their personalities. (D) / No error (E)
Replace relative pronoun ‘who’ by ‘which’ because non-living thing has been used.
- Driven by the desire to save trees (A) / residents of locality (B) / have started using solar appliances (C) / for their everyday needs. (D) / No error (E)
Replace “Driven by the desire to save trees ” by “Being driven by the desire to save trees”.
- A large number of unmanned aircrafts (A) / being used by the military (B) / are suspected of having (C) / unsafe radio links. (D) / no error (E)
- Recent survey shows that (A) / 35 million children in the age group of (B) / 6 to 10 years have never (C) / attended no primary school. (D) / No error (E)
Here never is in negative. So, attended any primary school is correct.
- Coal mines constitute (A) / a major percentage of the (B) sources which cause damage (C) / on the environment. (D) / No error (E)
Damage takes preposition to. So, replace ”on the environment” by ”to the environment” .
One Thought to “English: Error Spotting for Upcoming Exams – Set 184”
Hello there, I found your blog via Google while looking for a related topic, your site came up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.