Directions: The following sentences have been divided into five parts (A), (B), (C), (D) and E. Out of which, one part is already correct. Read the sentences carefully to find out if there is any error in any other part of the sentence. The error, if any, will be in any one part of the sentence. Mark that part as your answer. If the sentence is completely correct as it is, then choose option ‘No Error’ as the answer.
- The annual ritual of the Union Budget (A)/ has in long been diminishing in (B)/ terms of their significance but (C)/ it still remained a media event (D)/ in the Union Government’s calendar.(E)/
No errorBCDEOption E
Correct: has for long been diminishing in
Correct: terms of its significance but
Correct: it still remains a media event
- While the issue of farmer suicides have (A)/ been studied extent from the (B)/ viewpoint of the suicide victims, the victim’s (C)/families and their situations after the (D)/ tragedy have received relatively less attention. (E)/
ABCNo errorEOption E
Correct: While the issue of farmer suicides has
Correct: been studied extensively from the
Correct: viewpoint of the suicide victims, the victims’
- It was reasonable to except that the government (A)/ would address the widespread agrarian unrest that (B)/ marked 2017–18, which look protests by farmers (C)/ and middle-caste groups for lower returns in agriculture, and (D)/ inadequate policy attention to the rural economy. (E)/
ABCDNo errorOption B
Correct: It was reasonable to expect that the government
Correct: marked 2017–18, which saw protests by farmers
Correct: and middle-caste groups over lower returns in agriculture, and
- There are those that oppose debt relief to peasants on the (A)/ ground that it constitutes a “moral hazard,” but reframe from (B)/ extending the same argument when the so-called (C)/ captains of industry are the beneficiaries of debt write-offs, (D)/ even when some of there companies are wilful defaulters. (E)/
ABCNo errorEOption C
Correct: There are those who oppose debt relief to peasants on the
Correct: ground that it constitutes a “moral hazard,” but refrain from
Correct: even when some of their companies are wilful defaulters.
- The Inequalities of Hunger, a report of the International Food Policy (A)/ Research Institute, suggests that the problem for (B)/ undernourishment, stunting, wasting and mortality among children under (C)/ five years of age in India is serious, worst than the same in (D)/ Bangladesh and some of the African countries south of Sahara. (E)/
BCDENo errorOption B
Correct: Research Institute, suggests that the problem of
Correct: five years of age in India is serious, worse than the same in
Correct: Bangladesh and some of the African countries south of the Sahara.
- Even though the declining trend of the investment (A)/ rate began before the new government came up to (B)/ power, it did not do enough to spurred private (C)/ investment and in fact, has in many (D)/ ways harms the investment climate further. (E)/
ABNo errorCEOption A
Correct: rate began before the new government came to
Correct: power, it did not do enough to spur private
Correct: ways harmed the investment climate further.
- The rapid expand of internet-enabled media and (A)/ digital communication technologies in India has sparked (B)/ a new wave of political enthusiasm with (C)/ net-savvy citizens and opened up exciting (D)/ avenues for social relations among millenniums. (E)/
ACDENo errorOption C
Correct: The rapid expansion of internet-enabled media and
Correct: a new wave of political enthusiasm among
Correct: avenues for social relations among millennials.
- Following disagreement, the Lok (A)/ Sabha has decided to sent (B)/ the draft of the National Medical (C)/ Commission Bill of the Parliamentary (D)/ Standing Committee (PSC) on Health on review. (E)
BCDNo errorEOption B
Correct: Sabha has decided to send
Correct: Commission Bill to the Parliamentary
Correct: Standing Committee (PSC) on Health for review.
- The Central Department announce (A) / that the United States would release (B) / 5.4 million dollars to (C) / the UN International Impartial and Independence Mechanism (D) / which will collect and analyze evidence for violations of international human rights laws. (E)
ABDENo errorOption B
The correct sentence will be:
The Central Department announced that the United States would release 5.4 million dollars to the UN International Impartial and Independent Mechanism which will collect and analyze evidence of violations of international human rights laws.
- Over the past few days, (A) / the social networking communities (B) / of Russian soccer fans have filled with jeers (C) / and hostile language toward (D) / minorities and teams opposing Russia. (E)
BCDENo errorOption E