Directions: A statement has been divided into five parts- (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E). One Part is fixed and grammatically correct. Out of the other parts, only one is without error. You are required to find the error-free part and mark it as your answer. If none of the parts have errors, mark- ‘no error’ as your answer while if all the parts have an error, mark- ‘all have errors’.
- The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana was launched (A)/ in 2008 and had a target of covering the entire population (B)/ below poverty line by 2012 but even after nine years of (C)/ its implementation, only half of the (D)/ BPL families have been covered. (E)/
ABCDNo errorOption E
- The government classifies village as electrified if (A)/ public buildings have electric connections and (B) / merely 10% or most of the village residences (C) / have connections, withheld concerns of supply (D) / quality and outages from theft or malfunction. (E)
ABCDAll have errorsOption E
Correct: The government classifies villages as electrified if.
Correct: public buildings have electricity connections and.
Correct: merely 10% or more of the village residences.
Correct: have connections, withholding concerns of supply.
- Even as the recruitment systems (A)/ will ensure that more positions (B)/ are filled in the CBI, their (C)/ our other agencies that (D)/ also suffer from understaffing. (E)
ACBDNo errorOption C
Correct: Even as the recruitment systems.
Correct: are filled in the CBI, there.
Correct: are other agencies that.
- Over the last 15 years, but more (A)/ so for 2013, the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) (B)/ has emerged as Indias premier (C)/ corporate fraud investigation agencies, (D)/ investigating several high-profile cases. (E)/
ACDBAll have errorsOption A
Correct: so since 2013, the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO).
Correct: has emerged as India’s premier.
Correct: corporate fraud investigation agency.
- If the opposition want to base its (A)/ campaign in the mismanagement of (B)/ the economy and agriculture with (C)/ the centre and the UP government, it will have (D)/ to craft a common minimum program. (E)
CDABAll have errorsOption B
Correct: If the opposition wants to base its.
Correct: campaign on the mismanagement of.
Correct: the economy and agriculture by.
- Using the latest consumer price (A)/ index series, it has (B)/ found that an dynamics (C)/ underlying India’s inflationary (D)/ process have changed substantive.(E)
ABCEAll are correctOption A
Correct: index series, it is
Correct: found that the dynamics
Correct: process have changed substantially
- Compliance with the zero revenue deficit target (A)/ in the FRBM Act implies imposition of hard budget (B)/ constraint on government to prevent use (C)/ of borrowed resources for the (D)/ purpose of consumption expenditure. (E)
ABCEAll are correctOption E
- The de-stress in rural areas was further (A)/ exacerbated by the slowdown in the non-farm economy, (B)/ particularly construction, who has (C)/ been a source of alternatively employment (D)/ for many among the rural poor. (E)
ABCDAll are correctOption B
Correct: The distress in rural areas was further
Correct: particularly construction, which has
Correct: been a source of alternative employment
- In the past, the government being (A)/ retaining to allocate too much (B)/ of its funds for recapitalisation (C)/ because it would impact (D)/ adversely on it’s fiscal consolidation efforts. (E)
ABDEAll are correctOption C
Correct: In the past, the government was
Correct: reluctant to allocate too much
Correct: adversely on its fiscal consolidation efforts
- Indian trade unions are facing a (A)/ crisis of membership given jobless (B)/ growth, the bleat employment scene (C)/ and the increasing in jobs in the informal (D)/ sector where there are no union representation. (E)
BCDEAll are correctOption A
Bleat means the noise made by a goat/sheep and is absurd here. The correct word would be bleak which means something that looks discouraging/ unfavourable.
Correct: growth, the bleak employment scene
Correct: and the increase in jobs in the informal
Correct: sector where there is no union representation.