Directions: In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.
- (A) Soon after the Tsunami had killed thousands of people along the coasts of/(B) Southern India, Parliament passes a bill that /(C) proposed to set up an institutional mechanism to respond /(D) promptly to natural disasters.
passes = passed
- (A) The report is candid in /(B) admitting that the investment by /(C) the government in health and family /(D) planning have been eroded considerably.
have been = has been subject is “investment”
- (A) We are trying to /(B) find out the root cause /(C) of this recurring /(D) problem for the last four days.
we “have been trying” sentence is in perfect tense.
- (A) Mumbai is full of tall /(B) buildings which are at once its /(C) strength as well as weakness /(D) depending upon how one look at it.
look = looks “one” is singular
- (A) I am fully aware that /(B) my boss is one of those who is totally/(C) dedicated to work /(D) and proper discipline.
is = are Subject of “who” is “those ” so it mmust be followed by a plural verb.
- (A) The director of our /(B) company does not believe that we are /(C) working sincerely and with /(D) interest for all these years.
are = have been
- (A) Initially, the hijackers /(B) seemed determined not /(C) to submit but /(D) ultimately they were given in.
Omit “were” as the work is done by themselves.
- (A) I remember my /(B) childhood days when i was /(C) used to going to the farm /(D) and help others in their work.
help = helping “used to” is followed by “was” so verb can be “-ing” form.
- (A) I missed the last train /(B) which I usually catch /(C) and have to stay at the station /(D) on my way back home yesterday.
have to = had to “yesterday” is adverb of past time.
- (A) The managers /(B) frequently situations /(C) where they need to help /(D) others solving problems.
“to help ” is followed by bare infinitive i.e, v1 solving = solve