There is error in one of the parts in the following sentences. Mark the option which contains parts (A, B, C, D) which contain error. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer
- (A) The declining growth of GDP to 6.5 per cent this year /(B) will makes it difficult for the finance minister to balance his budget/(C) next month. Citizens are much more worried about /(D) insufficient jobs and slow growth of incomes to balance their own budgets.
makes = make Will is not followed by a plural verb.
- (A) The market in its manic rush to breach the next barrier, seems to be/(B) ignoring all round negative news inflow. Probably, this is what happens /(C) when market goes through a one-way run without/(D) any major blip for 12-consecutive months.
inflow = flow inflow means movement into a place flow means movement.
- (A) The first anniversary of DeMon (demonetisation) has come and gone, /(B) yet animated arguments still continue on its original motive. While opinions /(C) are still deeply divided for its broader impact, one area where even its detractors /(D) do not disagree is on its benign impact on bank deposits.
for = on opinion on the motive of demonetization
- (A) The current account deficit, which has been hovering around 1 per cent /(B) to 1.5 per cent (of GDP) for long, could test much /(C) higher levels in the coming months, if Brent/(D) breaches $70 mark and braves the next barrier.
- (A) India had it good so far, when it came to ‘macro’. Low current /(B) account, tighter fiscal, appreciating currency, softening crude, /(C) moderating inflation, etc. were the highlights /(D) for the past three years.
- (A) Not a week passes without the stock markets hitting another new/(B) milestone. And this has became so predictable that such events hardly make/(C) headlines now. But where it has become intriguing is not in markets scaling new peaks, but /(D) their doing so at a time when bond yields are under pressure.
become v3 is followed by “has”
- (A) ASER 2017 is revealing that the gender divide in cognition levels /(B) worsen with rise in age, as girls are often compelled to drop out of school for a /(C) variety of reasons. The 2017 report, called ‘Beyond Basics’ as it explores the educational levels of teenagers (and not children of 6-14 years as in earlier ASER reports), also /(D) delves into their ‘awareness’ and ‘aspirations’.
worsen = worsens “ASER” is the singular subject.
- (A) The weakest link in the electoral bond scheme is that /(B) the name of the donor would be anonymous though he is required to /(C) submit all his KYC information. While keeping the name of the donor anonymous would go against the concept of transparency, /(D) which was the main theme of the finance minister’s Budget speech on electoral funding.
Omit “While” while is used with a subject and a verb (while + subject + verb).
- (A) The electoral bond would be a bearer instrument in the nature /(B) of a promissory note and an interest-free banking instrument. They /(C) would be issuing from a few specified branches /(D) of the State Bank of India (SBI).
issuing = issued
- (A) According to an analysis by the Association of Democratic Reforms/(B) last year, national and regional parties/(C) received ₹78.33 billion between 2004-05 and 2014-15, /(D)with 69 per cent of their income from unknown sources.