There is error in one of the parts in the following sentences. Mark the option which contains parts (A, B, C, D) which contain error. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer
- (A) Crucially, since the BJP wave had reached Rajasthan by the time of my January 2013 /(B) survey — nine months before state assembly elections that saw the largest /(C) BJP victory in Rajasthan’s history — I could /(D) observed whether voters thought the next elected sarpanch would be more likely to be favored with state funds if he or she belonged to the BJP.
observed = observe
- (A) The idea of setting up MSP at 1.5x the cost of production sets off mixed feelings. While /(B) it is something that will benefit the farmer (assuming that government /(C) agencies are active in procurement, which has not been the case till now) the fact is that it /(D) might have an impact on food price inflation.
setting up = setting
- (A) Long-term growth depends on continuous improvements in productivity /(B) and innovation. China has transformed itself over time from being a manufacturing /(C) powerhouse driven by sweatshop labour to one propelled/(D) by high-tech products.
- (A) While emphasising the role of investment in stimulating the economy /(B) the Survey clears the path by saying that the twin /(C)balance sheet issue has to be addressed, which also means we need to see more /(D) resolution coming in the next couple of months.
resolution = resolutions
- (A) While the Government has successfully managed to increase the /(B) penetration of crop insurance, it now /(C) needs to ensure timely payment of claims /(D) to not just to curtail losses but also to encourage farmers to adopt insurance.
omit “to” before not just to
- (A) The cost of the farm products are towards their peak whereas the /(B) condition of farmers is getting worse. This government is also anti-middle class /(C) and anti-poor. The cost of 80 per cent of medicines /(D) has doubled in last 2-3 years.
towards = at
- (A) The Central Board of Excise and Custom is issuing amended CGST Rules /(B) quite frequently so that taxpayers need not refer to old rules and the /(C) amendments — a similar pattern should be /(D) followed for GST Council’s notifications.
- (A) Decelerated exports and accelerated imports derailed the economy. When /(B) real incomes are affected, it is natural /(C) that the spending pattern is also affected. The focus of this year’s /(D) budget should be on jobs, rural growth, and education.
is also = also is
- (A) Since ‘data is king’ in the new world, huge opportunities arises /(B) for people with skills in statistics and the ability to /(C) frame mathematical models. A data /(D) scientist is a better statistician than a software engineer.
arises = arise
- (A) The officials perhaps are totally unaware of the wall painting /(B) movement in many Indian cities. In Mumbai, the drab Sassoon Docks area has been /(C) turned into a public art gallery inspired by the ethos and /(D) spirit of the people who work in the area.