There is error in one of the parts in the following sentences. Mark the option which contains parts (A, B, C, D) which contain error. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer
- (A)While disposing the petition, the Chief Justice Dipak Misra, however, /(B) clarified that if a cinema hall chose to /(C) play the national anthem, people would have /(D) to stand up to show respect.
Chief Justice Dipak Misra is a proper noun. Determiner “the” is not used with proper nouns.
- (A)The sharp differences in growth rates in the sub-periods makes any generalization /(B) in the seven-year-period meaningless and even misleading. More importantly,/(C) it stops us from recognizing a problem /(D) that the country faces on jobs.
‘in’ is used to tell about larger area whereas across is used to “one side to other side.” across the seven-year-period means from the start of the period till it end
- (A)The point to drive home from an investors’ perspective is that /(B) prior to RERA, real estate developers had the benefit of pre-sales, where /(C) they can secure customer advances, even before they got the /(D) sanctions and approvals on the project.
can shows general ability whereas the use of “had” tells us that the action is completed in the long past. So, could is appropriate.
- (A)The tepid progress in winter planting is due to uneven rainfall during the monsoon last year, leading to moisture (B) stress. Worryingly, it follows an estimated 2.8% dip in /(C) India’s rain-fed kharif production /(D) in 2017-18, compared with the year before.
- (A)There is also a need to line up capacities which would be /(B) required in the next decade and not just in the next few years. At /(C) present we have like 21 per cent /(D) installed capacity under gas and hydro.
like should be replaced by about. About shows concern regarding a figure.
- (A)Judicial intervention has been reduced by /(B) restricting the scope of pre-arbitration /(C) review by courts to a ‘prima facie’ /(D) review of the existence of an arbitration agreement.
- (A)Even with all these, there may be not much use of arbitration unless we actively /(B) promote this idea among the leadership team in organisations. The Government has /(C) to show the way by asking public sector organisations /(D) to resort to institutional arbitration.
may be not = may not be may be not is demotic modality and may not be is epistemic modality
- 23. Some provisions in the proposed Financial (A)Resolution and Deposit Insurance (FRDI) Bill is being /(B) discussed at different forums and all these discussions /(C) highlighted how the bank depositors /(D) will be at the receiving end, if the Bill becomes law.
highlighted = highlight
- The industry’s newer players quickly discovered that following such rules rigidly wouldn’t work. (A)AirAsia, for instance, uses its far-reaching network to best advantage /(B) and can take Indian passengers from /(C) Delhi or Mumbai to Kuala Lumpur and onto /(D) Melbourne or Sydney and other destinations.
onto expresses to a position on ;whereas on to means moving aboard (a public service vehicle) with the intention of travelling in it.
- (A)Seven decades after Independence the fact that Indians still look up /(B) to individuals for leadership indicate a serious deficiency in democratic praxis. Actor,/(C) or rather superstar Rajinikanth’s entry into politics is being viewed as a development that has the potential of convulsing /(D) Tamil Nadu’s politics. Many expect him to fill the power vacuum created by the death of former chief minister J Jayalalithaa.
indicate = indicates