There is error in one of the parts in the following sentences. Mark the option which contains parts (A, B, C, D) which contain error. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer
- (A) When the springs of imagination run dry for some, their ethical /(B) gene sometimes take a hiatus and furtively, some choose /(C) to glance sidelong at another’s possessions and covet it /(D) for themselves. Ctrl C… Ctrl V is then a mere keystroke away.
take = takes gene is a singular noun.
- (A) Redscar McOdindo K’Oyuga was the toast of the literary establishment, /(B) till it emerged that he had been copy-pasting from many, many /(C) sources after merely altering a handful /(D) of words. The road to perdition was swift.
- (A) Chughtai had altered the Turkish names, put Hindu and Muslim /(B) names in their place and turned the comedy into a tragedy, but /(C) had retained the plot, dialogue and settings. Regardless, Ziddi remains popular /(D) and was even turned into a Dev Anand movie in 1948, the first film to feature a Lata-Kishore duet, in fact.
- (A) While today Edgar Allan Poe is remembered as a poet and an author /(B) of tales of the macabre and early detective fiction, then he was America’s pre-eminent /(C) critic. He was known as the Tomahawk Man, /(D) which tells us something about the nature of his reviews.
omit “an” before author Because poet and author are the same person. So usage of determiner is superfluous here.
- (A) There is no residual claimant in a PSB and the competition in the /(B) marketplace becomes irrelevant where there is a soft budget constraint /(C) because of the implicit sovereign guarantee. /(D) This leads to three specific incentive problems.
where = when We use when as a conjunction meaning ‘at the time that’. We use where as a conjunction meaning ‘in the place that’ or ‘in situations that’. The clause with where is a subordinate clause and needs a main clause to complete its meaning.
- (A) The PNB management has pinned up/(B) the entire blame on two employees, a deputy manager /(C) and his subordinate. If true, /(D) this raises many questions.
pinned up = pinned pinned up = to attach a picture to a wall pinned = to fasten something, or to hold it in place using pins
- The management is never rewarded for its profitability or replaced when the bank incurs losses. (A) They are selected and appointed by a group of mostly partisan non-bankers /(B) through the department of financial services. Management /(C) positions in PSBs are /(D) also not paid comparable to private sector positions.
comparable = comparably comparably = in a similar way, or to a similar degree comparable = fairly similar to another thing, so that it is reasonable to compare them
- (A) It is rumoured that an updated core integrated system was sanctioned /(B) for PNB in 2002, but it has still not been implemented. Investors and taxpayers /(C) may have lost Rs11,000 crore because PNB management didn’t thought to buy /(D) the latest software.
thought = think
- (A) Politicians have an immense resource at their disposal—the ability /(B) to arrange cheap credit for risky businesses in exchange for campaign finance. They /(C) leverage this resource and pass the bill to the taxpayers. Hard and soft political /(D) pressures is applied to instruct bank management to accommodate well-connected businessmen.
pressures = pressure when you say “pressures”, you are refering to multiple types of pressures, whereas “presure” indicates just one type.
- (A) During the winter session of Parliament, members of Parliament (MPs) /(B) from both Houses, across party lines, questioned /(C) the rights violations, misuse of CA funds and the status of the rules. The government is /(D) now non-committal on its earlier assurance to address FRA-related concerns.