Directions: In each of the following questions four statements with a blank in each are given. You have to choose a word from the given option that can fill all the blanks. Mark that option as your answer.
- i. We were warned not to step out onto the ____ balcony
ii. Karen looked old and ____ despite her young age.
iii. Listening to his father’s ____ voice,Victor became overwhelmed with emotion.
iv. The woman was thin and ____ looking.
- i. the city will fix these ____ potholes soon.
ii. police corruption is ____ and should be addressed
iii. John’s ____ behavior is going to get him arrested one day.
iv. are you trying to sell me a car in such a ____ condition?
- i. The conservative ____ was upset about the healthcare law
ii. I want to break off and start my own ____ to oppose their policies.
iii. the country’s ruling ____ started killing off its political rivals
iv. he could come up with a peaceful way to end the violence between the rival gang ____.
- i. the government had to ____ the prohibition act.
ii. Janice’s boyfriend tried to ____ his marriage proposal!
iii. the judge had no choice but to ____ the trial verdict.
iv. the president did not ____ the policy.
- i. the priest will ___ a lifetime of blessings for the infant.
ii. the superhero had to ___ Mother Nature’s power
iii. The members of the tribe will ___ water from the gods
iv. you choose to ____ the powers of witchcraft
- i. I definitely have the right to ___ the poor efforts of my students.
ii.the dictator made a speech to ___ the actions of his enemies.
iii. How can you ___ the service at that restaurant?
iv. Management was quick to ___ the hard work done by the union representatives.
- i. The mother will always ___ her son.
ii. We expect visitors to ___ our country’s rules
iii. The parents try to ___ each other’s decisions.
iv. the judge decided to ___ the first judge’s decision
- i. Mr. Lee will ___ over all the other cabinet members.
ii. the state attorney wanted someone else to ___ over the trial.
iii. Adam finally agreed to ___ over the book club
iv. the former election manager can no longer ___ over the board meetings
- i. the company was expected to ___ his or her emails
ii. the 7th grader failed to ___ her math homework from her locker.
iii. the dog would ___ his bone
iv. Karen was hoping to be able to ___ her deleted text messages
- i. I ___ to track down the thief and report is whereabouts to the police.
ii. The terrorist did not ___ to blow himself up
iii. I ___ to ask her daughter out on a date
iv. I do not ___ to spend a lot of time discussing the details of the project