Directions: In each of the following questions four statements with a blank in each are given. You have to choose a word from the given option that can fill all the blanks. Mark that option as your answer.
- i. He was met by a __ of noisy, angry youths.
ii. The British feel no compunction about ushering the gentry into the coach and packing the __ off to debtor’s prison.
iii. We arrived at the grounds after following a __ of butterflies.
iv. Tourists __ to the picturesque village.
- i. You and all the others like you are __.
ii. Some calls were vitriolic, accusing us of publishing pornography and __.
iii. Stagnant pools of __ are scattered all over this area.
iv. The windows were thick with __.
- i. The building has been lovingly __.
ii. The effort to __ him to office isn’t working.
iii. The government __ confidence in the housing market.
iv. The steering box was recently __.
- i. The debate has become __by conflicting ideological perspectives.
ii. None of this should __ the skill and perseverance of the workers.
iii. Grey clouds __ the sun.
iv. His origins and parentage are __.
- i. A good __walk is good for health.
ii. She adopted a __, businesslike tone.
iii. The sea was shimmering and heaving beneath the __ breeze.
iv. The archers played a ___ part in the victory.
- i. Firemen were soaking everything to __ the blaze.
ii. Hope is __ little by little.
iii. A look which would have __ any man.
iv. Rights of common pasture were __.
- i. Her upper lip curled in __.
ii. He __ his patients as an inferior rabble.
iii. She remained standing, pointedly __ his invitation to sit down.
iv. I asked her to be my wife, and was __ in no uncertain terms.
- i. They described the outbreak of violence in the area as an __.
ii. Color __ lead to misunderstanding.
iii. The experience might have been no more than a temporary __ of an exhausted mind.
iv. Shelley’s angry retort was an __from her normally quiet demeanor.
- i. A proposal to __temporarily the right to strike.
ii. We believe the board __ its responsibilities to its shareholders.
iii. You cannot __ anyone’s right to free speech!
iv. Our city needs to __ outdated laws.
- i. His theory __ a rotatory movement for hurricanes.
ii. The chapter was then allowed to postulate the bishop of Bath.
iii. Perhaps the __ of Babylonian influence on Greek astronomy is incorrect.
iv. The best economists in the world are working to __ an idea that will revive international finances.