Which of the words/phrases (A), (B), (C) and (D) given below should replace the words/phrases given in bold in the following sentences to make it meaningful and grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is and ‘No correction is required’, mark (E) as the answer.
- The Centre invested the PF deduction in equities and debts claiming that will fetch more returns but the reality is complimentary. For the last three years ROI has been sliding scale showing that fund managers have not endued properly.
decrease, contradictory, strippedincrease, reverse, enduedaccrual, converse, investedreduction, inverse, cladAll are correctOption C
- A subjective government and its finance and coal ministries would have taken care on the assay of the quality/quantity of these mines. User industries have always been forced to pay a disproportionate crummy for getting access to an asset made rife by the monopoly rights enjoyed by Coal India on the open market sale of coal.
cognitive, premium, scarcereasonable, brutal, commonagitated, bogus, sufficientconfused, bush, exhuberantAll are correctOption A
- A majority of private banks have been butting the cream of society in major cities and in the event of losses due to NPAs, the buck is extant to the stakeholders. Any hasty decision to privatise PSBs at this stage would be and benign to the banking industry.
aiming, at rest, injurioustargeting, passed on, detrimentalcalculating, put together, favourableending, miscommunicate, profitableAll are correctOption B
- The hurl of Makkal Needhi Mayyam (People Justice Centre) by actor Kamal Haasan has made Tamil Nadu politics a fluffy affair. The move coming on the heels of superstar Rajnikanth’s political debut lends an interesting dimension to TN politics which clearly is at a limpid crossroads.
follow up, spacious, lucidhurl, crowdy, distictjeff, scattered, lucentlaunch, crowded, murkyAll are correctOption D
- The much blamed ‘source segregation’ method to symbiotiotise the bio-degradable from the non-bio-degradable garbage (usually packaging) continues to see constant success for various reasons.
concealed, consolidate, consistenttouted, separate, patchycanvassed, cooperative, erraticunderstated, ally, unevenAll are correctOption B
- The ‘junk’ comes without an immediately assignable value attached and is not exchangeable the way a coin can be. We will not discard anything which has a ‘monetary’ value vagile to it, however small.
conveyable, scrutinize, cuffedunalienable, scrap, affiliatedassignable, discard, attachedtranslatable, jettison, lonelyAll are correctOption C
- Assigning a ‘monetary value’ to garbage, however, cannot be rational: it has to have a method. Some municipal bodies have tried to ‘purchase’ recyclable junk but this gluts funds and then there are the logistics intricate.
absolute, requirements, facilereasonable, abundances, discretearbitrary, needs, involvedimperious, comprises, knottyAll are correctOption C
- For non-branded goods and packaging a separate forbiddance will be needed. We would require the value of the packaging to be isolated in the price and mentioned specifically. Since the consumer would have already paid this amount to deem the producer should have no problem giving him this money.
dispensation, included, upfrontresponsibility, ejected, sincereaffinity, omitted, deviousdensity, skipped, shiftyAll are correctOption A
- The Narendra Modi government began with a inferior design to run the country’s state owned banks professionally by strengthening governance contaminated and picking the right people for senior positions. For this it shattered the Banks Board Bureau and put it under the leadership of the highly respected former CAG, Vinod Rai.
marvelous, chasten, shatteredignoble, clouds, fabricatedgrand, processes, createdsubpar, bits, butcheredAll are correctOption C
- The coring of the fraud which has been building up over several years has revealed serious systemic deficiencies —inferior technology, weak risk management and insufficient regulatory oversight. The banking regulator RBI has now constituted a committee to look into two wholes.
flooring, imperfections, aspectsemerging, shortages, guisespaving, lacks, facetssurfacing, deficiencies, aspectsAll are correctOption D