Directions: Which of the WORD A, B, C, and D given below DEFINES the phrase printed in Capital letters in the sentence. If all defines the phrase then mark E as the answer.
- The rules don’t ALLOW OF any exceptions.
constrainprecludepermitproscribeAll are CorrectOption C
- I have no idea, but I’ll ASK AROUND at work and see if anyone can help.
abbreviatedisesteemconsultoverruleAll are CorrectOption C
Ask a number of people for information of help
- We ASKED John ROUND for diner.
dozeinviteelectrepulseAll are CorrectOption B
- My partner’s been away for a fortnight- I am ACHING FOR her.
wealthplethorawantfearAll are CorrectOption C
Want something or someone a lot
- I can hear him BANGING ABOUT upstairs.
quietudeserenitysilencenoiseAll are CorrectOption D
Move in a place making a lot of noise
- He’s always BANGING ON ABOUT football.
babblingrefrainingrefrainingtacitAll are CorrectOption A
Keep talking about something
- They BASHED him UP in the fight in the pub last week and he had to go to hospital.
improvedamagemendserviceAll are CorrectOption B
Break, damage or hurt by hitting
- He’s being very careful because he thinks the police ARE ONTO him.
abandonshunpursueeschewAll are CorrectOption C
Pursue, be aware of someone’s true nature
- BEAM me UP, Scottie.
haulenraptureconveytransportAll are CorrectOption D
- We BOARD our dog OUT with friends when we go abroad.
organicendureextinctliveAll are CorrectOption D
Arrange for pets to stay somewhere while you’re away