Directions(1-10): Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- As it was a dark and stormy night, Lata was too scared to go home alone.
very scary tomuch scared toas scared toto scared tooNo correction requiredOption E
- Since it was her engagement party, Riya was dress to kill.
dresses to killdressed to killdressed to killingsdressing to killedNo correction requiredOption B
- Ramesh worries endlessly about his son’s future as he was so poor in studies.
worry endlessworried endlessworried endlesslyworries endlessNo correction requiredOption C
- Now that the actual criminal had been caught, Kunal was happy that he was finally let of the hook.
off the hookof the hookingsoff the hooksof the hooksNo correction requiredOption A
- The little boy appeared all of a sudden out of nowhere and take everyone by surprise.
took everyone as surprisedtake everyone with surprisedtook everyone by surprisestook everyone by surpriseNo correction requiredOption D
- In order to forget his worries Rahul take to smoke day and night.
took to smoketaking to smokingtake to smokingtook to smokingNo correction requiredOption A
- Prema was very please with the gift she had received from her best friend on her birthday.
was very pleasedwas very pleasingis very pleasedis very pleasingNo correction requiredOption A
- She was so scared on seeing the lion that she shooked like a leaf.
shaked like a leafshook like a leafshook like a leavesshake like a leafNo correction requiredOption B
- Meena had the presence of mind to get out of the way as the bus sped out of control past her.
present of mindpresent mindpresence in mindpresence to mindNo correction requiredOption E
- Finally Suhas had gather the courage to speak against his father’s atrocities.
gathering the couragegathers couragegathered the couragegather the couragedNo correction requiredOption C