Directions(1-10): Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- If Indian people are united, this nation can become a source of strength for the entire world.
could become a resource ofcan become resourceful forwould be a source incan became a source withNo correction requiredOption E
- All their efforts were direct to promote harmony among various groups of people.
were directing towere directed athave directed forwere directed toNo correction requiredOption D
- What did happen there in the first place is not a matter of our concern.
What happensWhat would have happenedWhat happenedWhat should have happenedNo correction requiredOption C
- The speaker highlighted the contribution of women for bringing about social changes.
for bringing inin bringing offor the brought overin bringing aboutNo correction requiredOption D
- Such inequalities can be founded enshrined in the constitutions of other countries also.
could have been foundedcan be foundcould be foundedcould have foundNo correction requiredOption B
- The local authorities were never bothering to care about the unfortunate happenings.
were never bothered tonever bothered tonever were bothering towere never bothering toNo correction requiredOption A
- India’s outlook on the word is composing of these various elements.
is composed ofis composed byis composed withhas been composing atNo correction requiredOption A
- How religious intolerance can blight social peace and harmony can be gauged from events take place around the globe.
taken place overtaking place aroundtook place aroundtaken place inNo correction requiredOption B
- This exploitation of the helpless tribals needs to the condemnated.
need to be condemneneeds condemnationneeds to be condemnedneed to condemnationNo correction requiredOption C
- The fact-finding team which had been at the area found villagers giving information to the police.
which had been forthat led towhich led tothat had been toNo correction requiredOption D