Directions(1-10): Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- The startling fact about his insubordination was that her behaviour, in terms of the language she used, differed only in degree to that of one of her peers.
evidenced by the language she used, was only different in degrees from the language used by one of her peers.in terms of the language she differed only in degrees from the one used by her peers.in terms of the language she used, differed only in degree from that of one of her peers.seen in the language she used, differed only in degrees to one of her peers.No correction requiredOption B
- To disregard recent happenings like terrorist attacks is to ignore warning signals that civilised society around us is crumbling.
means ignoring warning signalsare to ignore things like warning signalsare ignoring warning signalsis ignoring warning signalsNo correction requiredOption D
- Anyone of these two ideas will be used to execute the project.
Anyone of those twoEither two of theseTwo of any of theseEither of these twoNo correction requiredOption B
- I have seen Shyam’s presentations, who was a peer of mine.
presentations by Shyampresentations by Shyam, who was apresentations of Shyampresentations of Shyam, who wasNo correction requiredOption A
- Annu became a problem to the company when its original choice Anita became unavailable.
When its original choice Anita became unavailable, Annu is becoming a problem to the company.Anita, the original choice, when she became unavailable, then Annu became a problem to the company.Annu became a problem to the company when Anita, that is its original choice, became unavailable.Anita, the original choice, became a problem to the company when Annu was becoming unavailable.No correction requiredOption C
- No sooner had the man sunken into a coma, than it was realised by the doctor that the medication given to the man was wrong.
No sooner had the man sunken into a coma, that it was realised by the doctor.No sooner had the man sunk into a coma than the doctor realisedThe man had sunken into a coma, when it was realised by the doctorAs soon as the man sunk into a coma, the doctor realisedNo correction requiredOption B
- Draughts are a favourite game among the residents of this colony.
Draught are a favouriteDraughts is a favouriteGames of draughts is a favouriteDraughts games are a favouriteNo correction requiredOption C
- One should not try to berate them and waste her time.
and waste one’s timeto waste her timeand waste timeand waste one timeNo correction requiredOption C
- This is one of the most entertaining plays that has debuted this year.
debut playsplays that have debutedplays who have debutedplays that had debutedNo correction requiredOption E
- When the result of the competition was announced, we two could only look at one another in wonder.
only look at anotherlook only at one anotheronly look at each otherlook at each other onlyNo correction requiredOption D